How to make tomato juice for the winter at home
What a nice winter frosty day to drink fresh, and most importantly natural tomato juice.
And this is not about store juice, which contains a high level of preservatives and other harmful substances.
Let’s make delicious tomato juice for the winter from tomatoes from the cottage or from our own vegetable garden. Moreover, it is quite easy!
Components for cooking:
- One and a half kilograms of tomatoes of good ripeness;
- Salt to your taste.
How to cook tomato juice for the winter at home:
- We spread the tomatoes in a large container or a bowl, thoroughly sort out;
- Next, pour them with cool water, wash the dirt and dust, remove all the stalks;
- Banks, in which the juice will be stored in the future, must also be thoroughly washed and cleaned of dirt;
- After washing the glass container must be sterilized by steaming or in the oven. At its discretion;
- We prepare the juicer, it must be clean;
- The washed tomatoes are cut into medium pieces so that they can be conveniently passed through a juicer;
- Next, make juice from tomatoes. The result should be a homogeneous mixture without skin and seeds;
- Then pour the liquid tomato mixture into an aluminum container, set on fire and bring to a boil;
- From time to time we mix everything so that it does not burn;
- Approximately 5 minutes after the start of boiling, add salt to the mixture, mix well and boil for 15 minutes;
- Next, remove the hot juice from the stove and immediately pour it into sterilized glass jars;
- We roll the jars with juice with the lids, put the bottom upside down on the floor in a dark place;
- We wrap everything up with warm material, leave to stand until it has cooled completely;
- After cooling, you can store for storage in a cool place, such as in the cellar or in the basement.
- Tomatoes of good ripeness — 11 kilograms;
- Granulated sugar — 500 grams;
- 275 grams of vinegar 9%;
- Salt — 175-180 grams;
- Allspice in peas — 30 stuff;
- Carnation — 7-10 stuff;
- Mustard — 3.5 small spoons;
- Ground red pepper — pinch;
- 2-3 garlic teeth;
- Pinch of nutmeg.
How to make tomato juice with vinegar for the winter:
- Tomatoes fall asleep in a large container, you can in a bowl and carefully sort out;
- Fill the tomatoes with cool water, wash them from dirt and dust and remove all the stalks;
- Cut tomatoes into small pieces so that they can be conveniently passed through a juicer;
- Next, skip the tomatoes through a juicer. The result should be a homogeneous tomato juice without skins and seeds;
- Pour juice into a large enameled container, put it on the stove and heat it;
- As soon as the mixture boils, reduce the heat and leave to boil for 30-40 minutes;
- After that, pour salt and granulated sugar into the mixture, boil for about 10 minutes until the dry components dissolve;
- With garlic, peel the husks, cut into small pieces;
- Add pieces of garlic to the tomato mixture, put the cloves, allspice, mustard, hot red pepper, nutmeg, pour in vinegar. All mix, boil for about 15-20 minutes;
- In the meantime, we thoroughly wash the jars, clean them with a detergent solution or baking soda powder from dirt and dust. Rinse several times with cool water;
- The container must be sterilized over steam or in an oven;
- Pour tomato juice in sterilized jars to the very top;
- We close the container tightly with lids so that the liquid does not leak;
- Turn the top over and put it on the floor, close with a warm rug. Leave to cool completely;
- Ready juice stored in a cool place at a temperature of not more than 20 degrees.
How to prepare cucumber salad in Korean for the winter, read the following article of our site.
Did you know that there is mint jam? Want to try to cook it? Then here are the recipes. We are sure the result will please you!
How to cook tomato juice for the winter with sweet pepper
- 5 kilograms of good ripening tomatoes;
- Sweet pepper — about 1 kilogram;
- Salt to your taste;
- Granulated sugar at its discretion.
We start canning juice for the winter:
- For a start we prepare glass containers for canning and further storage of blanks. Liter jars will fit, they need to be thoroughly washed, cleaned with a detergent solution or with food;
- Rinse the jars with cool water several times;
- Then they should be sterilized for 15 minutes over the steam over the kettle or in the oven;
- Then prepare the tomatoes. We put them in a large container, sort out, remove all the stalks;
- Fill vegetables with cool water, wash off all the dirt and dust;
- We cut the vegetable into several parts so that it is more convenient to make juice in the future;
- Tomatoes can be passed through a meat grinder or through a juicer. Who is more convenient. If tomatoes are passed through a meat grinder, do not forget to use a special nozzle in which there will be seeds and skins;
- Next, wash the pepper, cut into two parts, clean the seeds and wash well;
- Peeled pepper cut into cubes or strips, at its discretion;
- Then pour tomato juice into a container of aluminum, pour the pepper into it and put it on the stove;
- Boil until boiling and add a little salt and sugar;
- Leave to simmer for an hour and remove from heat;
- Then we pour the hot mixture into banks, put it on the floor upside down, cover with a blanket;
- After complete cooling, after about a day, the banks can be removed for storage in the basement or cellar.
- To make tomato juice sweet, it is better to use overripe vegetables. Immature vegetables will make the drink sour, which is suitable only for gas stations;
- If waste remains after cooking, they can be left to make sauces;
- If the juice turns out to be thick, then it can be used as a fire for borsch;
- Salt and granulated sugar should be added at your discretion. Someone likes a drink more sweeter, someone, on the contrary, is salty;
- Be sure to sterilize before pouring the container so that in future the juice will not swell or become covered with mold.
Now you know how to close tomato juice for the winter. Be sure to cook it at home, because this drink always turns out very tasty and healthy. He will appeal to all without exception.
It will appreciate both adults and children. Especially in the winter, so there are not enough vitamins and vegetables, and this drink will come in handy!