Those who avoid eating fat, because they think that it is a very high-calorie product, just do not know anything about it. Pork fat is able to improve immunity, remove cholesterol and heavy metals from the body, as well as beneficially affect the work of the stomach and intestines.
The main thing in the use of this product is to observe moderation, then it will bring only benefits, and not extra pounds and health problems.
The classic recipe of this dish can be categorized as “simple and fast.” Besides the fact that this recipe introduces the basics of salting technology of lard, it also provides an opportunity for culinary experiments, since the choice of spices and their number is arbitrary (to taste).
The way of salting salo in brine in the bank:
- Dissolve the salt in boiling water, let the brine boil a little and leave to cool;
- The product intended for salting, cut into pieces, which will easily pass into the neck of a three-liter jar, rub with garlic and put into a bottle, slightly pressing and sprinkling with spices;
- Pour over all the cooled marinade, cover with a towel and leave alone away from direct sunlight for 2 days;
- Salted lard, dry with a paper towel, wrap in parchment (foil or cling film) and store in the freezer.
When salting lard, various spices are used: from classic black peppercorns and bay leaves to star anise. But without garlic, he will not have that appetizing flavor and piquancy. Therefore, it is possible to take only one garlic for salting from spices and in the end you will get a soft and fragrant bacon.
For salting salo in brine with garlic will need:
- 1000 grams of lard;
- 1000 ml of water;
- 200 g of salt;
- 50 g cloves of garlic.
You can try salted bacon with garlic 6 days after it was put in a jar and filled with brine.
The nutritional value of the ready fat is 815.6 kcal / 100 g.
- Since the salt solution is used cold, the first step is to prepare a brine. For it you need to boil water, dissolve salt in it and cool;
- While the pickle will cool you should prepare lard. It needs to be cut into medium pieces and thoroughly rub garlic from all sides;
- Then put prepared portions of pork product into the jar, sprinkling their layers with the remaining chopped garlic;
- Pour the contents of the container with the cooled brine and send to a dark cool place for six days. You can leave it in the fridge or basement for this time.
Vegetarian dishes for every day from our collection.
Read how to make a delicious omelet roll with various fillings.
Read how to cook patties with cabbage unleavened dough.
The recipe for salting salo in a hot brine is very common and has many fans, thanks to the fact that the finished product turns out much softer and more tender than in any other way. Another plus of this method is that fat is spiced up much faster.
To pickle a three-liter bottle you need to take the following amount of the main product, as well as water and spices for brine:
- 2500 g of lard with a layer;
- 2000 ml of drinking water;
- 150 g of large table or sea salt;
- 15 g dry mustard;
- 10 g of red ground pepper;
- 30 grams of garlic;
- 15-17 black peppercorns;
- 7-8 sweet peppers;
- 5-6 clove buds.
On the preparation of the main ingredient and the preparation of brine will take no more than 20 minutes, and ready salted lard can be tried in 2-3 days.
Fat poured with hot brine loses some of its fat and calories, therefore, depending on the presence of an interlayer, the caloric content of such a product will be between 450-500 kcal / 100 g.
- Cut the fat into pieces, which will be convenient to put in a jar, and roll each piece in a red hammer pepper. Peel garlic cloves and chop fine petals;
- In a three-liter bottle is not too tightly fold the skin up, cut into pieces the product for salting. Each layer is sprinkled with garlic petals;
- Dissolve salt in clean drinking water, add clove buds and peppercorns. Bring the brine to a boil and dilute the dry mustard;
- Hot brine pour lard in a jar, which then cover with a lid and leave alone for several days.
Salo is considered a Ukrainian national delicacy. In Ukraine, as soon as it is not cooked: with onion peel, and with honey, and even in chocolate. Every Ukrainian mistress has her own recipe for bacon in Ukrainian. All existing recipes of this delicacy will be enough for the whole cookbook. Below is one of them.
For this salting in Ukrainian will require:
- 1000 g of lard with a layer;
- 1000 ml of drinking purified water;
- 200 g of large sea or table salt;
- 60 g (about 10 medium cloves) of garlic;
- 6 peas allspice;
- 6 black peppercorns;
- 3 bay leaves;
- 15 g dried (or 30 g fresh) greens;
- 1 star star;
- a little black pepper to taste.
The total time for salting will be from three to four days.
The caloric content of this pickle will depend on the caloric content of the original product, and on average per 100 grams this figure will be in the range from 724 to 816 kilocalories.
- First you need to prepare lard. This culinary process will take place in two stages. At first, it takes three to four hours (or better at night) to soak the initial product cut into pieces in cold water. This is done so that all the blood is washed from the meat layer;
- After soaking the pork fat, it is necessary to loosely (so that it does not suffocate) to put in the prepared jar, not forgetting to add spices and spices between the layers;
- Prepare a brine from water and salt. Salt can be dissolved in cold water or in hot or boiling water. It is important to achieve complete dissolution of all crystals. Brine at room temperature, pour the fat in the jar;
- Cover the container with a lid and leave it in the refrigerator for up to four days.
You should be very careful when choosing a pork bacon for salting, so that unscrupulous sellers do not slip the fat of the boar, old or sick animal. A good product has a delicate pink shade pleasant to the eye, and its meat layer does not stick to hands.
It is necessary to refrain from purchasing gray-yellowish bacon with an unpleasant peculiar smell, on the skin of which there is no stamp indicating the certification of the product.
Perfect for salting is suitable fat from the back and sidewalls, but from the bacon from the sternum and belly is better to refuse, because the wiry layer passing through these parts of the carcass makes it too hard.
After the purchase of fat, you should not store it with other products that have a specific smell, because it can absorb foreign odors. But if suddenly the pork product absorbed in itself, for example, the smell of fish, it should simply be soaked for a couple of hours in boiled water with chopped garlic.
The second main ingredient used in salting salted brine in a jar is salt. It is better to use a large sea or cooking. Salt not only helps to preserve all nutrients, but also to remove excess moisture from it.
The amount of salt and spices indicated in the recipe can be adjusted to your liking, but do not be afraid to oversalt this product. Why? Because the fat will absorb only as much salt and spices as it needs and not a gram more.
You can speed up the process of salting, if you put the fat in the refrigerator under the yoke. Care should be taken to the storage of salted pork bacon. In addition to the temperature regime, it is necessary to withstand light, because under the influence of sunlight the product will very quickly grow old and turn yellow.