Top recipes for light pickling herring at home
It is very hard to find someone who does not like this fish.
Still, salted herring and boiled potatoes is a very tasty dish.
However, in many stores it is not always possible to find well-salted herring, more often it is under-salted, and sometimes the opposite is very salty.
Therefore, in order not to look, it is better to learn how to salt it yourself.
Most likely, many do not know that there is a lot of salting options. But first you need to choose the right fish carcass, which is ideal for salting herring at home.
Proper compliance with the salting recipe is half the battle, it is important that all ingredients are fresh and of high quality.
Of course, a fish that has just been caught will be the best option, but it is almost impossible.
Therefore, you have to choose a frozen carcass, it is desirable that it was fat. Atlantic or Pacific herring are best for salting.
Attention should be paid to the following criteria, which confirm the freshness of the fish:
- Silver color carcass;
- Protruding non-hazy eyes;
- Tightly pressed fins;
- Red gills.
If the fish has all these qualities, then we can definitely say that it is fresh and should be safely used for salting.
Step-by-step recipes for salting herring at home
Whole salted herring, and even at home, turns out to be very tasty. It is great for use in its pure form with potatoes. In addition, it can be added to various salads.
The process of salting the whole herring at home looks like this:
- Two large and fat herrings are thoroughly washed and laid in a bowl for salting;
- Pour water into a saucepan and heat to a boil over low heat. In boiling water should be poured salt, sugar, bay leaf and a bunch of peas. Stir well until completely dissolved and turn off the heat. Leave for some time to cool the resulting brine;
- After that, the herring is poured with warm brine and closed. A cup of herring and pickle should be put in the cold. In about a couple of days, the herring will be salted. If it is necessary for the herring to turn out a little saltier, then one should wait a couple more days;
- The finished salted herring is cut into small pieces, folded into special dishes, filled with sunflower oil and put away for storage in the refrigerator.
Now watch the video recipe of this wonderful fish snack bar:
This salting of fish is very convenient, because it is salted not in whole, but in pieces. Herring is very tasty and appetizing.
- Herring — 7-8 pieces;
- Cooking salt — 1 pack;
- 2 pieces of bay leaf;
- Black peas and cloves — to taste.
- Herring should be thoroughly washed and cleaned the insides. We clear from the head, tail and fins. The carcass of the fish should not be cut into medium pieces;
- Next, select the appropriate dishes for pickling and put the pieces of fish into it. It is advisable to lay the pieces not too tight, so that later the brine is between them;
- After that, proceed to the preparation of the brine. To do this, boiled water should be mixed with salt. Per liter of water you need 170 grams of salt;
- The resulting brine to pour the fish. Dishes with herring and pickle should be closed and put away in a cool place for salting for a day;
- Then the herring should be removed from the brine and thoroughly rinsed with cool water;
- Now prepare another, softer pickle. Mix water with salt (put 100 grams of salt for 1 liter). In addition, there must also be put spices — black peas, lavrushka and a little cloves;
- In the jar, carefully fold the pieces of herring and pour the brine;
- On top of the can put the load and then it must be removed in the cold;
- After about 7-8 days, a tasty herring will be ready.
If you dream of a slim figure, but can not withstand any diet, then read the following article. Effective diet products for weight loss. It is possible that you do not need a diet, and the process of losing weight will begin if you include more weight loss products in your diet.
Did you decide to go on a diet? Make it easy and with a powerful attitude towards the result! Read the article on how to go on a diet. You will succeed, we believe in you!
And here are some delicious recipes for cooking fish in batter. Ask your favorite fish a new taste!
Spicy salted herring is a great “thing” for a treat for the holidays or for an everyday menu. It is especially suitable for eating boiled potatoes.
- Fat herring — 4 pieces;
- Mustard seeds — 1 tbsp. l .;
- Coriander — 1 tbsp. l .;
- A pack of black peas;
- 2 buds of carnation;
- 200 gr. salt;
- Thyme sprigs — 5-7 pieces;
- A mixture of black, fragrant and white pepper — 1 tbsp. l .;
- 2 pieces of bay leaf;
- Half a cup of sugar.
- Vinegar — 2 tbsp. l .;
- Salt — 100 grams;
- Water — 300 ml.
Cooking at home:
- Rinse the herring and be sure to remove the gills. We spread the fish in a special dish for salting;
- Prepare the pickle. Vinegar should be added to the water. Then this solution is put on the fire and after it boils, you need to pour the salt there and mix until it is completely dissolved. After that, set it aside to cool;
- Pour the herring with the cooled brine. We put the load on top and carry it to a cool place for 12 hours;
- After a specified time, peas and coriander should be crushed with a rolling pin or an ax for meat. Then they need to be mixed with the rest of the spices — thyme, cloves, mustard, a mixture of peppers, bay leaf. Half of the obtained mixture of spices should be put on the bottom of a plastic container, then put salted herring on top, and sprinkle it with a mixture of spices from above;
- After that, the container is tightly closed and placed in the refrigerator for 7-8 days;
- Ready salted herring can be cut into pieces and served with onion rings, dill and parsley.
See another option for cooking spicy herring in the video below:
This salting method is very simple. For salting do not need to prepare a special marinade. In addition, herring is salted in oil very quickly and it turns out incredibly tasty.
Ingredients for salting:
- Herring — 4 pieces;
- Sunflower oil — 200 grams;
- 4 onions bulbs;
- Salt — 300 grams;
- Spices to taste — peas, coriander and others.
- Rinse the fish thoroughly, clean out all the insides. Peel off head, tail and fins. Separate the filet carefully from the ridge with a knife (if you bought whole fish). The fillet is washed and cut into medium pieces;
- Crush peas and coriander with a rolling pin or a hatchet for meat. Then mix the ground spices with salt;
- Slices of herring fillet to rub with a mixture of salt and spices;
- Grated pieces lay in a jar, alternating with onion half rings;
- After that, the herring must be plentifully sprinkled with sunflower oil. It should completely cover the fish, to the very top. Then the can is removed in the cold for 48 hours.
This salting method is very easy and simple. And the brine is not required for it.
As spices, you can add any spices, all to your taste. The fish will be unmatched and will go bang!
- Two large fat herrings;
- Cooking salt — 200 grams;
- Sugar — 1 tsp;
- Bay leaf — 2 things;
- A pinch of black ground pepper;
- Sweet dried paprika — to taste;
- Any other spices and spices.
- The fishes are removed from the fishes. The head, tail and fins are cut off. Carcasses of fish are washed well with cool water. They should then be put in a container for pickling;
- Now prepare the mixture for salting. Bay leaf need to crush hands into very small pieces. Then mix it with salt, sugar, black pepper and sweet paprika. If you wish, you can add other seasonings and spices to your liking;
- The fish should be thoroughly rubbed with a mixture of seasonings. We rub it from above and inside;
- Then the grated herring is placed in a plastic bag and stored in a refrigerator for 24 hours;
- After a day, the fish should be pulled out of the bag, rinsed thoroughly with spices in cold water;
- Finished herring should be cut into small pieces and garnish with onion rings. In this form, you can serve on the table.
If suddenly guests decided to come to you, they can be treated to delicious homemade herring salted with this method. Salting is very fast and easy, and the herring is tasty and appetizing.
- 2 pieces of fat and large herrings;
- 100 gr. salt;
- 50 gr. sugar sand;
- Ground black pepper — to taste;
- 2 things bay leaf.
Herring salting process:
- The entrails are removed from the fish. The head, tail and fins are cut off with a knife. Rinse well with cold water. For an hour, leave in cold water;
- Bay leaf chop hands into small pieces and mix with salt, sugar and other spices;
- Herring must be removed from the water and wiped with a paper napkin;
- Rub the herring carcass with a mixture of spices. It is necessary to rub very well, so that it is completely salted;
- After that, it must be wrapped in cling film. Put in the cold for a couple of hours;
- After 2 hours you can eat fish. It can be cut into small pieces and garnish with onions and parsley.
Each mistress salt fish in its own way. For example, there is another method of quick salting, which is shown in the video:
This option is for gourmets. But still it is worth trying the herring of salting, because it turns out to be savory and very interesting to the taste. Ketchup will add flavor and unusual flavor.
- One large and fat herring;
- One onion bulb;
- A glass of drinking water;
- 1 tsp sugar sand;
- 20 grams of vinegar;
- 50 gr. homemade ketchup;
- 50 gr. salt;
- A pinch of black ground pepper.
- Onions should be cut into rings and put in a deep iron or refractory cup;
- Then it is necessary to add to it the remaining components of salting — salt, sugar, pinch of pepper, a spoonful of ketchup;
- Pour water into a cup with all the ingredients and heat it over a small fire. Stir well and bring to a boil;
- After that, the cup should be removed from the heat and vinegar should be added there. Leave to cool;
- Herring must be cleaned of viscera, remove the head, tail and fins. Rinse well and clear of skin. Then it should be cut into small pieces;
- Pieces of fish folded in a jar for pickling and pour a pickle of onion and spices. Then the jar is removed in the refrigerator for 24-36 hours;
- After that, the herring can be used with any dishes. It turns out a very unusual fish.
We present you a video story with another unusual recipe for homemade salted herring in Dutch. Experiment with us!
- Responsibly refer to the choice of herring — it must be fresh;
- During thawing the fish can not be put in hot water. It is best to put it in the refrigerator overnight, where it will defrost and retain all its nutritional qualities;
- Herring salted in pieces is best kept for no more than two days in the refrigerator;
- Kiss salted herring is best kept in a special brine. To do this, pour half a liter of beer into a saucepan, add peas in pepper, bay leaf and a pinch of salt, and boil over medium heat. Put the fish in a jar and pour it with this pickle, you can also pour vegetable oil on top and close the lid. In this brine fish can be stored for a very long time.
Of course, to get a well-salted fish, you should very carefully observe the whole process of salting. But it is worth it, because as a result the fish will turn out appetizing and fragrant!