How to cook the sauce «Salsa» in the classic and other options
In order for the main dishes were not only beautiful, but also have a bright taste, many often complement their sauces. Sauces are different — sharp, sweet, sour, salty, bitter. The main thing is that they are well combined with food. If you are a fan of something sharp and bright, then Mexican salsa will be a great option for you. It is prepared from vegetables with the addition of hot chili peppers.
Many for some reason believe that salsa is an incendiary Mexican dance. Of course, this is true, but not only. Salsa is also called hot sauce, which can be used as an addition to many dishes.
This sauce is originally from Mexico, where it has been prepared for a long time. It perfectly harmonizes with almost any food and dishes — with fish, meat, vegetables, it can even be combined with eggs. In addition, its preparation is simple, and all components can be easily purchased at any store.
To prepare this sauce, you will need to prepare tomatoes, chili pepper, onion, garlic, and spices. And the process of cooking is simple, it does not require much experience.
Mexican salsa sauce in a classic interpretation is prepared according to the following culinary steps:
- The first thing we wash tomatoes, remove the stalk;
- With tomatoes, you need to remove the skin, cut it in half and clean the seeds;
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces;
- With onions we peel husks and chop small cubes;
- Garlic cloves are peeled, shredded with thin slices or passed through a garlic pot;
- Chilli pods need to be well washed;
- Cut the stalks from the peppers and remove the seeds;
- Cut pepper into thin rings or small pieces;
- Put all the vegetables in one cup;
- Pour the vegetable mixture with lemon juice, you can add olive oil;
- Add salt, spices;
- Rinse the greens, chop into small pieces;
- We spread to the vegetables finely chopped greens;
- All components are well stirred to a uniform structure;
- Remove the sauce in the fridge and insist for an hour;
- After that, ready-made sauce can be used for various dishes, it can be stored for no more than 7 days.
What ingredients will be needed:
- 600-700 grams of fresh tomatoes;
- butter present — 200 grams;
- 4 tbsp brandy or skate;
- ¼ bulbs;
- chili — 4-5 small pods;
- 4 small spoons of chili sauce;
- 50 ml of balsamic vinegar;
- 2 small spoons of Worcestershire sauce;
- 1 tsp of garlic salt.
It takes 60 minutes to prepare.
Calories — 65 kcal.
How to do it:
- Butter should be put in a saucepan or in a saucepan with a thick bottom;
- Place the butter on the fire and melt to a liquid state;
- Tomatoes must be thoroughly rinsed, then chop them into small pieces;
- Put sliced tomatoes in melted butter;
- Wash the chili peppers, remove the stalks and clean the seeds;
- Cut the pepper into small pieces;
- We spread the pepper to the tomatoes and mix well;
- Then lay out the chili sauce, pour in a little balsamic vinegar;
- Next, carefully add the Worcestershire sauce. The fact is that this type of sauce is very concentrated, for this reason it should be added drop by drop;
- We place the container with all the components on the fire, warm up for about minutes, while stirring constantly;
- At the end, add brandy or brandy, simmer for another 5 minutes, with an unforgettable stir;
- Ready sauce should be cooled to a warm state and put in the fridge to infuse;
- After about an hour, salsa can be served with fish and seafood dishes.
Ingredients for cooking:
- Half a kilo of small green tomatoes;
- 3-4 garlic cloves;
- 100 grams of green bitter pepper;
- pitted olives — 100 grams;
- green onions — 1 bunch per 50 grams;
- one onion;
- lime — half;
- cilantro — 5-6 twigs;
- 1 tbsp of olive oil;
- salt to your taste.
Cooking time — 40-60 minutes.
Calories — 58 kcal.
- Green tomatoes are well washed, dried or rubbed with a towel;
- Next, cut the vegetables into two parts and remove the seeds;
- We wash the bitter pepper, cut the stalk and remove the seed box;
- Onion head cleaned and cut into 4 parts;
- Peel garlic cloves;
- Onion greens, cilantro thoroughly rinsed and dried;
- We lay out all the ingredients in the blender tank, add olives and grind well;
- If there is no blender, then the vegetables can be scrolled twice through a meat grinder;
- Next, lay the ground components into the container and pour the juice from half the lime;
- Add olive oil, add some salt;
- We clean in the refrigerator for 2 hours;
- After that, the sauce can be used to prepare various dishes of meat, fish and vegetables.
The quick-and-fast pie with apples is a delicious, flavorful pastry for every day.
Read how to make delicious salmon carpaccio in our article.
Read how to make a fragrant roll of biscuit dough with apple jam.
For the preparation will need the following components:
- kilogram of fresh tomatoes;
- 6-8 chili peppers (about 200 grams);
- one head of onions;
- Bulgarian pepper — 2 pieces;
- garlic — 1 head;
- Vinegar 9% — 130 ml;
- 1 large spoonful of granulated sugar;
- 5 large spoons of vegetable oil;
- pinch of salt;
- 1 small spoonful of dried oregano;
- You can add a little cumin.
Cooking time — 60-70 minutes.
Calorie content — 66 kcal.
How to make a classic salsa sauce for the winter:
- To begin with, wash the chili pods, cut the stem and remove the seeds;
- If you want to make a not very hot sauce, you must first bake the peppers in the oven for 10 minutes;
- After that, you can easily remove the skin from the peppers;
- Next, cut the chili into small pieces;
- We wash the Bulgarian pepper, cut off the stalk and remove the seeds;
- Cut the pepper into small pieces;
- Onions cleaned and shred into small cubes;
- Pre-douse the tomatoes with hot water so that you can quickly remove the skin from them;
- Each tomato is harvested with a hard place, on which there was a stem. Cut vegetables into small pieces;
- Garlic peels and shred small plates or slices;
- We spread the garlic to the tomatoes, also add salt, seasonings and stir;
- Put all the vegetables in a container, mix well;
- Place on medium heat, stir and bring to a boil;
- Simmer the sauce for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally;
- In the meantime, prepare the jars, they need to be thoroughly rinsed and scalded with hot water;
- You can hold for about 5-7 minutes in the oven;
- Covers boil for 3-4 minutes;
- Ready sauce spreads in jars;
- Close screw caps, put the top bottom in a dark place;
- We wrap the banks with a warm blanket and leave them for a day;
- After this, we remove for storage in the pantry or cellar.
- for the preparation of the classic salsa sauce you need to use fleshy and ripe tomatoes;
- do not feel sorry for chili pepper, this sauce should be spicy;
- after cooking, it is best to put the salsa in the fridge for a few hours so that it will infuse and become more fragrant, spicy;
- additionally add herbs, spices, herbs. These ingredients give a pleasant taste and aroma.
Salsa is a great addition to many dishes. If you like hot treats, then this sauce will be the most suitable. But still, salsa should not be abused because it can have an unpleasant effect on health — increased pressure, heart problems and other unpleasant effects. Everything should be in moderation!