Lightly salted cucumbers in the package — quick cooking recipes
In previous articles we have already talked a lot about how to cook salted quick-cooking cucumbers. And I shared those recipes that I knew and used. In the comments, readers wrote that for many of them, the most favorite way is the recipe for salting in a package.
And in fact, this method is very much loved, and it is considered to be the most popular. Especially when you do not want to wait even one night, which is required for salting in the usual way. Or when you salt them at work; or at home to make a quick snack; on picnic; in the country; during a trip. For example, we salted vegetables on the train in this way. And everything would have been nothing if half of the car had not come to the smell …
In general, this option does not need salting in advertising. Many people know it, and everyone loves it, so I can only share those recipes that I know of.
And although the recipe provided today is not one, but several, in fact, they are not much different from each other. Since there is no difficulty in preparing the quick method of salting in the package.
The difference is only in the slightly modified composition of ingredients and methods of cutting the main product. Cooking speed depends on this, which can range from a minimum of 5 minutes to a maximum of 5 hours.
And the rest, everything is very, very similar
- Cut the ingredients.
- Put everything in the bag
- Shake well
- Wait until ready
That’s all, no more action, and a minimum of time-consuming. But let’s see how everything will happen in action.
Such cucumbers are fully ready to eat after 5 — 6 hours after salting. But for preparation it is required to take fruits of the small size. It is desirable that they be collected on the same day, and that they are not long in the sun.
The fact is that fruits contain large amounts of water. And during long-term storage is not in the refrigerator, they quickly become sluggish. Especially if they are small.
If all the same they had time to lose moisture, then just soak them in cold water for 1 — 3 hours. They will quickly restore their water balance.
This procedure will allow you to get not only delicious, but also crunchy vegetables.
- cucumbers — 1 kg
- garlic — 3 — 4 cloves
- dill — 1 bunch
- salt — 1 tbsp. spoon
And also we need two plastic bags.
1. Wash the fruits, let the water flow and cut off the tips on both sides.
2. Prepare two bags. Insert one into the other. This should be done so that when we pickle our fruits, and at the same time shaking the bags with the contents quite actively, they can withstand the load and not break.
Fold the fruit inward.
2. Peel and chop the garlic. You can also skip the teeth through the press. Send crushed mush to the same.
3. Wash and dry the dill, then finely chop. And also put it in the bag.
4. Top with salt.
Frequently asked «How much salt is required per kilogram of fruit.» There is no definitive answer to this question. It all depends on the personal preferences of each person. But the average figure is as follows — 1 tbsp. spoon. Well, if you make adjustments to one of the parties, then you can add or subtract quite a bit.
5. Tie up the inner package first, then the outer one. And actively shake the contents while holding it with your hands. Shake well so that dill, garlic and salt are evenly distributed over the entire inner surface.
6. Put the pouch in the fridge. Leave it there for 5 — 6 hours. In this case, every hour it is desirable to get it and re-shake by moving the contents.
During this time, juice will appear inside. Vegetables, salt and herbs will do the trick. Our cucumbers will be salting in this juice. That is why it is necessary to actively shake the contents, and move it inside. Especially at the initial stage of preparation.
7. At the end of the time, take out the bag, untie it and put it on a plate with dill and garlic. All this splendor does not really smell good and looks very appetizing!
Therefore, boil the potatoes, while our salting is in the fridge, cook butter and bread. Nothing more is needed for a delicious lunch and dinner.
And get ready that the kilogram stated in the recipe can not stay.
Well, if for some reason not all the vegetables have been eaten, put them back in the fridge, you can put them in the same bag, or you can put them in a container, so it’s even convenient to store.
But try to cook them for no more than two days. After that, the garlic smell and taste become prevailing, which is far from being enjoyed by everyone.
Here is a simple recipe that does not take you long to prepare. Therefore, take it into service, cook and eat for health!
And we specifically shot this video for this article. It tells you how to quickly and easily salt a vegetable in just 5 minutes. Say it is impossible ?! Even as possible.
If your guests are on the doorstep, or if you want to treat your colleagues to tasty food, this method will certainly be in demand.
That’s all fast and easy. No need to wait all day, and do not even have to wait 6 hours. We cut 5 minutes, we salt 5 minutes. And enjoy the taste and incredible aroma.
If the fruits are not salted as a whole, but cut, then the preparation time can be reduced by two to two and a half times.
To make the pickling process faster, take small fruit.
- cucumbers — 800 gr
- salt — 1 tsp with a hill
- garlic — 2 — 3 cloves
- dill — 1 bunch
- horseradish — 1 small sheet
- ground black pepper — pinch (or to taste)
And of course we will need two plastic bags.
Do not forget that if the fruits are slightly thinned, then soak them briefly in cold water. Sluggish fruits will remain so when salted. And if you feed them with missing water, they will turn out not only tasty, but also crispy.
1. Wash the fruits, let the water flow and trim the ends on both sides. Cut them lengthwise into 2 — 4 parts.
Fold immediately into the package, which is immediately invested in another.
2. Grind the dill. Garlic skip through a press or chop finely. Sheet horseradish tear into fragments. All this delicious smelling pleasure is also put inside.
Salt the contents to taste, mix everything well. And then add another good pinch. Add also a pinch of ground black pepper, or a little more, if you like sharper. And if you do not use spicy at all, then do not add it at all.
For flavor, you can even take not ready ground pepper, and use peppercorns. Just pound two or three peas in a mortar and add it. Immediately feel the fragrant difference.
3. When all the necessary ingredients are put in the bag, twist it, or tie it tight. And then very actively shake it up — down, and side to side. You need to shake until the juice appears inside. However, do not be too zealous for our fruits to turn into porridge.
In all good «golden mean».
4. Leave to stand for 10 — 15 minutes. Then unwind, or untie and re-tie, but in such a way that an air gap is formed inside. For this package, you can simply inflate.
5. Once again, already gently, shake and put in the fridge for an hour, preferably two hours. During each half hour, gently shake the contents, moving the greens and the resulting juice. This will contribute to better salting.
Shake is no longer necessary, just shake gently! That will be quite enough.
6. At the end of time, untie the bag and place the vegetables on the plate.
Serve as a snack to any meat and fish dishes, as well as simply boiled or fried potatoes. The taste and aroma of such an appetizer stirs the appetite, and I want to eat this beauty without stopping!
Another simple recipe that lovers of the most beloved summer snack will surely appreciate.
- cucumbers — 1 kg
- dill — 0.5 bunch
- parsley — 0.5 bunch
- basil — 0.5 bunch (or slightly less)
- garlic — 3 — 4 cloves
- peppercorns — 0.5 tsp
- Clove buds — 5 pcs
- salt — to taste
As well as for the other recipes proposed today, for this we will need small fruits. And in order for them to turn out crispy, they must be necessarily collected from the garden not very long in time.
Try to eat one fruit, and if it is crisp, then the snack will ultimately be the same.
If not, soak them in cold water for 1 to 3 hours. During this time they are fed with water in the right amount.
1. Wash the fruit and allow it to drain. Then cut the ends from both ends and make small slits crosswise from 2 sides to 2 — 2.5 cm.
2. Each tip dipped in salt and put the fruit in a plastic bag, which in turn is inserted into the other one.
Pour another good pinch of salt into it.
3. Cut greens and garlic as small as possible. Garlic can not cut, and skip through the press. He will start up juice and will start to interact with cucumbers faster. Add chopped ingredients inside.
4. Three — four black peppercorns crushed in a mortar, the rest of the pepper will leave as a whole. Also put it all to the ingredients. Do not forget to put there buds cloves.
5. Pack the package tightly and shake the contents thoroughly so that all the components are mixed and the salt is evenly distributed. This is important for salting.
6. Leave the contents for an hour and a half at room temperature, gently shaking it every 20 minutes.
7. Then put in the fridge for another 6 — 8 hours. After that, serve and eat with pleasure.
If the pickling time does not suit you, and you need a snack before, then simply cut the fruit into 6 — 8 pieces longitudinally, or transversely with large barrels.
Salting time is immediately reduced by two, and even three times, depending on the size of the fruit.
And the fruits of this procedure will be no less tasty.
As you have probably already noticed, almost all the recipes for making salted cucumbers in a package are similar. They differ only in the method of cutting the main ingredient, and the composition and quantity of additional components.
Therefore, to cook lightly salted product to the finished state in 5 minutes can be any of the above proposed methods, changing only the method of cutting.
At the same time, the fruits can be cut either in circles with a thickness of about 2–3 cm or in cubes. With this method, the fruit must be cut lengthwise into 4 — 6 parts.
And do not forget that for salting is best to use medium-sized fruits.
Therefore, if you like any of the methods proposed, use it. But I do not want to repeat myself, and therefore I propose another new recipe
- cucumbers — 1 kg
- lime — 2 pcs
- dill — 1 small bunch
- Mint — 3 sprigs
- Peas — 3 pcs
- Allspice — 2 pcs
- sugar — 1 part tsp
- salt — 1 tbsp. spoon with top
1. Rinse the fruits thoroughly and trim the tails. If they are not very crispy, then pre-soak them in cold water for an hour or two.
Cut them into small-sized kegs no more than 2 cm thick. Fold into a double plastic bag.
2. In a mortar, crush the pepper of two varieties, grind it all together with sugar and salt.
3. Wash the lime, wipe with a paper towel and rub the zest, only its green part. Add to the powdered dry ingredients, and once again grind it all together.
From the remaining citrus squeeze juice, right inside. There add pounded components.
4. Grind greens and add to the same.
5. Pack tightly and shake well until juice appears, not lime, but already cucumber. Shake very actively, moving all components up and down, from side to side.
And thus repeat for 5 minutes. In due time, the fruit is fully prepared. Although, if you let them lie down for another 2 to 3 minutes, then this will make them even tastier.
You can slightly change the recipe, and get a completely new taste. To do this, replace the lime with two tablespoons of soy sauce. The composition and quantity of all other ingredients remain unchanged, the only thing that take half the salt. This must be done in order not to over-salt our snack. Our soy sauce is already rather salty.
The cooking method is also left unchanged.
In 5 minutes you can get a completely new taste, and amazing aroma.
And for greater clarity, I decided to include in today’s article and video. And for those who did not quite understand one of the stages of preparation, it will be possible to see this in the video plot.
It is all told and shown in great detail, literally in steps.
Here is another recipe, thanks to which, I think, now no one has any questions on the topic “How to cook salted quick-cooking cucumbers in a package.” Moreover, all today’s recipes from the category of the most simple.
Make a tasty snack while the season is on. While they are the freshest, saturated with summer heat and light. And if they are also grown personally, then there is simply no price for such a snack.
In winter, they can also be salted, but they will never be as tasty as summer.
And if you want to “salt” them in other, no less tasty ways, you can get acquainted with very tasty and interesting recipes. It is very easy to do — you just need to follow the links that are offered below.
In this selection of 14 recipes, you will find both very simple cooking options and options for gourmets. Come, see and choose your favorite recipe. All of them are tested over the years and very tasty.
And I say goodbye to you today. Like if you liked the recipes and write comments, especially if you still have questions. I will answer you with pleasure.
And those who have already prepared for themselves the summer snack number 1