Compote of frozen berries is a great idea for anyone who wants to enjoy a tasty and healthy drink on hot summer days. It is prepared quickly and easily, and it can also be supplemented with various ingredients for a richer taste. Below are recipes for the most delicious homemade compote of frozen cherries.
How to make a drink:
- Prepared berries are put in a large saucepan (they do not need to be thawed beforehand), which is filled with the necessary amount of water;
- Sugar is poured into the cherry;
- It is necessary to put the pot on a medium heat and cover with a lid, after which the water in it should reach a boil;
- Compote should boil for 5 minutes;
- Turn off the heat, let the drink cool;
- A cold dish is poured into cups or glasses and served on the table.
Even more tasty will be a drink, if you diversify it with other fruits, such as an apple. And if you wish, you can add a few mint leaves to make the dish really cool. What is required for cooking:
The cooking time will take about 30 minutes, it can be served after about 1 hour, as it will need to cool. Calorie in 1 cup — about 33 kcal.
- Frozen berries laid out in a separate bowl and set aside (she will need to thaw a little);
- Pour water into a saucepan, put on the fire and bring to a boil;
- While the water is boiling, the apples should be washed and cut into small slices;
- When water boils, you will need to first carefully add apples, then cherries;
- The drink should cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, it is important to ensure that the apples do not boil soft;
- When the drink is almost ready, sugar should be poured into it;
- Then the fire can be turned off, after which the delicious fruit mixture should cool down;
- Before serving in each glass you can add a leaf of refreshing mint.
Frozen Cherry Drink Recipe with Orange Peel
Incredibly refreshing and tonic drink will be the one made from frozen berries and orange peel. On hot summer days, it will be indispensable, and for its preparation you will need the following ingredients:
The cooking time will take 25 minutes, it can be served 1 hour after it cools down. Calorie in 1 cup — 29 kcal.
How to make a compote of frozen cherries with orange peel:
- Pour the berries into a large saucepan and pour them with the necessary amount of water, then put it on medium heat and bring to a boil;
- In the meantime, while they are boiling, you can do an orange: it must be carefully peeled, put aside the crust, and squeezed out of the orange itself;
- As soon as the water boils in the pan, you can not add the required amount of sugar, after which the stews are boiled for another 10 minutes;
- After the time is over, add orange zest to the pan and boil the drink for another 5 minutes;
- During this time, orange juice must be drained;
- Remove the dish from the heat, let it cool for a while, then pour orange juice into it in a thin stream;
- Pour a cold drink into glasses, decorate with orange slices and serve.
How to cook a compote of frozen berries in a slow cooker
If the house has such a device as a slow cooker, then it can be used to make compote of cherries and currants: