Pickled cucumbers, and even with a pleasant «crunchy» — a favorite preservation of many housewives. If they grow in our beds, they invariably delight us with their crops, and it is important for us to preserve them.
And for this there are lots of ways. We keep them in various salads, canned and even lecho. Harvested in any of the ways, they are an excellent snack, which, when opened in the winter, can bring a pleasant variety to any meal. Yes, and the table set, when guests come, it is already a tradition.
And despite the fact that the blog has already accumulated a lot of delicious recipes with these vegetables, I decided to devote this topic specifically to this type of preservation. Not everyone is ready to spend their time preparing winter salads, which require it quite a lot. But to preserve the fruits in banks is much easier and easier.
Therefore, we collect them in the garden, or buy them on the market, and choose any tasty recipe. We will have several of them today.
I want to draw your attention to the fact that all of them have some similarities. However, the taste is different due to the difference in the components of the marinade. It can be made sour, sweet, salty, bitter or neutral.
Therefore, when choosing any of the recipes offered today, be sure to read the first one. In it, the only thing, everything will be written in detail — what, why and why. After reading it, you will understand why they are added, or other herbs, or spices, and you can decide what to add to you, and without what you can do.
In all other recipes of these details will not be. They will only focus on the very preparation and details of this particular process.
Crispy cucumbers marinated in 3 liter jars
This is my standard recipe, according to which my grandmother and mother conserved cucumbers. And now more than 30 years, as I preserve. The recipe is reliable and banks can be stored in the usual pantry up to two years. At the same time, if you limit the light there to a minimum, then the taste and color of the blank itself will be fully preserved for the entire period of time while it stands and waits in the wings.
I can preserve fruit in 3-liter jars, and sometimes in 2-liter. As a rule, such conservation after the opening of the banks is not stored for a long time. Fruits are crispy, tasty. Moderately salty, moderately sour, so you can eat a lot of these.
A special feature of this recipe is that I add a minimum of vinegar to a 3 liter jar, and I will not sterilize it. And the secret of excellent preservation is the addition of aspirin.
- cucumbers — 1.5 — 2 kg (depending on size)
- tomatoes — 3 — 4 pieces (not very large)
- garlic — 3 — 4 cloves
- dill — 2 — 3 large stalks with umbrellas
- horseradish sheet
- black currant leaf — 4 — 5 pcs (can be replaced with raspberry leaf)
- cherry leaf — 8 pcs
- tarragon — 1 — 2 sprigs
- allspice — 3 — 4 pcs
- black peppercorns — 10 — 15 pcs
- carnation — 4 — 5 buds
- red hot peppers to taste
- salt — 3 tbsp. spoons
- sugar — 2 tbsp. spoons
- Acetic essence 70% — 2/3 tsp (or rather, a little more than half)
- Aspirin — 2.5 tablets (powdered)
This composition of ingredients is given for laying in a 3 liter jar. If you want to prepare the preservation in one-liter containers, then simply divide this quantity by 3, and fill the container in accordance with this. Similarly, we do with 2 liter and 1.5 liter banks.
The calculation is very simple.
1. The first thing we need to soak cucumbers. For this you need ordinary cold water. The advantage may be given to the spring, especially if there is a possibility for this. If your fruits, and just collected from the garden, the soaking time should be 2 hours.
If they are bought on the market, then this time can be increased by two or three times. At the same time every 2 hours the water will need to be drained and filled with fresh.
This procedure allows you to nourish the fruit with juiciness, which subsequently will help to make the preservation crisp.
2. In the meantime, the fruits are filled with juiciness, you can do all the preparatory work. First of all, wash the jars and lids, and sterilize them. How to do this is described in detail in a special article.
For preservation, I use metal lids for tightening with a special seamer. Sometimes they ask whether it is possible to use screw caps. Immediately answer it. I have never tried this particular method in this case. I always twist it like this because I consider it more reliable.
3. You can also sort out and wash all the greens. If it is collected in its garden, then it is enough only to wash it with water, but if it is bought, then it is worth not only washing it, but also pour it with boiling water. To do this, simply pour it on them, and then drain them in 3 — 4 minutes.
Prepare everything you need right away so that everything is at hand. It happens that then in a hurry something will miss. My daughter, for example, forgot to add salt and sugar a couple of times.
And what do you think, was the preservation and the pickle was not even dimmed. We learned about the absence of these important components only when the jars were opened in winter. That was a laugh.
4. And so, the time for insisting our fruit is over. It’s time to wash them and cut off the tips on both sides. This must be done in order to brine evenly penetrated from all sides. And also, to make it easier to leave air bubbles, which can cause fermentation processes.
Try to sort the fruit in such a way that in each of the cans are more or less the same. So they all marinate more evenly, and they will look more aesthetically pleasing.
5. In clean sterilized jars at the bottom put most of the whole greenery. If there is everything from what is written, it will be just great. The taste of our preservation will be enriched with a mass of essential oils and aromas.
If something is not found, it does not matter. Only the umbrellas and sprigs of dill, horseradish, a mixture of peppers and garlic are mandatory. Everything else is added by its availability, and if you wish.
At the same time, the leaves of horseradish can be completely replaced by a root, a currant leaf with raspberry leaves, and cherry leaves with oak leaves. The main thing is not to overdo it with all the flavors and tastes in order to preserve the natural taste of our main product.
Horseradish, oak leaves, cherries, currants not only give tasty notes, but also give a crunchiness to your favorite, do not allow brine to become cloudy and contribute to better preservation. Tarragon gives a light «barrel» flavor.
That is, none of the herbs here are added randomly. All of them play an important role and perform the desired function.
6. Also put a mixture of peppers, carnations on the bottom. When we drain the water from the cans, all these small additions will not pour out with it.
Be sure to put a piece of red hot pepper, it gives a pleasant light bitterness and allows well preserved storage.
7. Well, now it is the turn of the most important component. There are two ways of calculation, or the fruits are placed horizontally, or they are placed vertically. There is truth and another way in which the layers alternate — one layer is put, like soldiers in the ranks, the other is laid on one of the barrels.
Usually, a jar can take from 20 to 25 medium fruits, this is about 1.5 — 2 kg, depending on the size. But give preference to small specimens, no longer than 10 cm. They should not be thick and not contain large seeds inside.
It should be borne in mind that the crunchy preservation of overgrown vegetables will not work.
Approximately in the middle place a couple of small tomatoes. They are added not only for beauty, but also for the good of the cause. They are a natural source of acid, so let them perform their task here. Namely, keep our main vegetable crunchy.
Adding a few tomatoes reduces the amount of vinegar and essence. Wow, really! Here is a little secret!
8. Also remember to distribute the garlic cloves evenly. Many do not need to use them, if they are too large a quantity, they can soften our fruits.
We cannot allow this, we need only their attractive smell. Therefore, in order to nourish them fully, it is better to cut all the teeth into small strips, slices, and circles — as you like more.
9. In the middle you can put something else from the green. And you can leave it for the end of the bookmark. At the end of the bookmark, we don’t forget about the two remaining tomatoes, as well as leaving a spot for all the greenery left.
All the vegetables in the banks must be placed very tightly. The secret of crispy preservation is to have as much fruit as possible, and the brine as little as possible.
Top necessarily lay out a piece of horseradish. He last, as a guard against the occurrence of mold and clouding of the brine.
10. Immediately add the right amount of sugar and salt. For the 3 liter jar, we settled on the values of 2 and 3, respectively. Of course, a different amount is added in different recipes. There are sweet, sour recipes. Some of them today we will consider.
The same recipe is standard, I have already talked about this. Here everything is in moderation, none of the tastes will prevail, everything is simple and harmonious. Eating such cucumbers would be nice.
11. Boil water. A large jar usually takes 1.5 liters. And if the fruits are small, and filled the container with them denser, then you may even need less. We remember that the less brine is obtained on a jar, the tastier the result will be.
12. Pour boiling water over the contents of the container, pouring directly on the white crystals of sugar and salt, so that the flavoring additives evenly spread throughout the jar with the contents. Pour water under the neck and cover with a sterilized lid.
13. Leave for 10 minutes to warm the fruit and all herbs. Bubbles of oxygen will start to stand out, that’s good. We will have three fills, and it will be necessary that during this time they all come out.
14. Prepare a lid with holes and drain the brine through it into the pan. Put it on the fire and bring to a boil, let it boil, lowering the fire after boiling, minutes 3 — 4. Then pour it back into the jar. It is not enough, as part of the boil, and the cucumbers will decrease slightly in volume.
Therefore, by this time boil another kettle and water.
Top up in the jar to refill it just under the neck. It’s not scary that this is water without everything. Sugar and salt remained unchanged in our quantity, only water boiled away, so we supplement it.
Again, leave the jar covered with a lid for 10 minutes. Putting it in advance on a napkin, gently rotate the container and shake.
Thus helping air bubbles get out. We do not open the lid, just rotate it, they will come out.
15. Again, pour the water through the plastic lid with holes into the pan and boil the marinade again, or pickle, as you prefer, as you like, 2 — 3 minutes after boiling.
16. In the meantime, aspirin should be crushed and laid out on top of slightly dried ingredients. While we wait for the boiling brine, we cover the container with our own metal lid.
Again, put the kettle, you never know, suddenly again we need boiling water in order to add the boiled out amount.
17. And now, finally, the last third fill. Pour boiling marinade again and add vinegar essence. Enough to pour it a little more than half a teaspoon. If necessary, add boiling water from the kettle so that the liquid is poured right under the neck.
And it will be even very good when we cover the container with a lid so that it also spills a little.
From this point on, the lid is no longer open.
18. But for the time being we do not twist. If you look closely, air bubbles still come out of the fruit. Give them the opportunity to completely get out. And for this, again gently rotate the jar from side to side. Remember that the cover does not open.
But all the bubbles came out, it can take from 5 to 10 minutes of time, and then it is time to screw the cans with the help of a seamer.
19. After twisting, tilt the jar, and check whether the brine is leaking, whether everything is tight. And after that you can put the jar on the lid and cover with a blanket. Leave for natural sterilization for a day, that is, until the container is completely cool.
Sometimes they ask: “Why turn it over?” To test the reliability of the tightening. Here I recently had such a case. After a day I look — the bank is leaking. I immediately opened it, was damaged gum. She just broke in my hands.
Began to check the other gum from this batch of covers. It turned out that all the gum is not high quality. All crumbled and broke.
What gave me such a check. First, I saved a jar of cucumbers. If it had not turned it over, then it would certainly have «exploded.» It would happen in about a week. For a week, I canned more cans of 20 different salads and snacks. That is, I would have lost them all.
20. The next day, it will be possible to see that the fruits have changed their color, become beautiful, with a slight olive tinge. Now they can be put on storage. For this suitable place away from the heating devices. You can store in the pantry, in the basement, and just under the bed. The place should also be dark.
To give the possibility of conservation to insist, to be fed. Open, not earlier than a month.
That’s the whole story about delicious crunchy pickled cucumbers. Cook and eat on health!
Video on cooking crispy pickled cucumbers
Friends, if you do not want to read a long recipe, you can watch it in the video. It was shot especially for you so that everything would be more accessible and understandable.
Therefore, if some moments remain unclear, or it is easier for you to watch than read, please. All for you, dear readers.
In fact, everything is very simple. Therefore, if you preserve for the first time, then I even envy you a little. I remember my first experience in this endeavor, everything was so unusual, interesting … It seemed to me that I was doing magic.
But it is. So the magic of taste turns out when you add all the ingredients, and a piece of your soul!
Cucumbers for the winter in one-liter jars with mustard-based marinade recipe
I have several recipes for preparing our favorite vegetable with mustard on my blog. All of them have already been tested both by me and by many readers.
You can cook on them with seeds, mustard powder, as well as with the finished product. All recipes are good, and the finished product for them everywhere turns out delicious.
Since there is already an article on this topic, today only one of the recipes will be offered. If you like this idea, then follow the link, and there you will find 6 more excellent and tasty marinade with mustard.
We will need (for 2 liter jars):
- cucumbers — how many will fit in a jar (approximately 9 — 10 pcs)
- garlic — 4 cloves
- dill — 4 umbrellas
- horseradish sheet
- leaves of cherry or oak — 8 pcs
- allspice — pcs
- black pepper peas — 10 pcs
- Clove — 4 pcs
- Mustard ready — 3 tbsp. spoons
- sugar — 0.5 cup
- salt — 1 tbsp. spoon with a small slide
- Vinegar 9% — 0.5 cup
- water — 3 cups
The volume of a glass is 250 ml.
1. Soak the fruit in cold water for 2 to 4 hours.
Check whether they have enough water, you can just try one of them. If the fruit crunches when biting, then he lay in the water enough.
Then wash them under running water and cut off the ends from both sides. Put on a flat dish to glass the water.
Make sure the fruits are not bitter. It is important! If the «ass» is bitter, then it needs to be cut or cleaned.
2. Rinse all herbs and herbs, rinse with boiling water if necessary.
3. Wash and sterilize jars and lids. We will need two of them, each with a volume of 1 liter.
4. At the bottom of each of them put a cut strip of horseradish. You can use and horseradish spine, cut a small piece. Also put two leaves of cherry and two umbrellas of dill.
There is also a mixture of peppers and clove buds.
5. Then put the cucumbers. Since the banks we use a small amount, it is better to put the vegetables tightly to each other. Remember that the more fruits, and less brine, the crisp will turn out the finished product.
In the middle cut into smaller pieces two cloves of garlic.
6. After the fruits were placed in a row, we have a little bit of space left above. You can put absolutely small “greens” here, or just cut a large fruit into several pieces.
7. From above lay out the remaining leaves of the cherry and a strip of horseradish leaf.
8. Jars are filled, and it’s time to do the preparation of brine. Pour into a pan three glasses of water. If the banks are filled with conscience, then this amount will be enough for exactly two banks.
Put the pot on the fire, as soon as it starts to warm up, pour in the required amount of sugar and salt, and also add the mustard. It will initially look like unsightly lumps, but as the water warms up, they will dissolve, and you will get a rather muddy, spicy aroma of marinade.
9. As soon as the brine boils, pour in the vinegar and bring to the boil again. If by this time we still have not had time to completely dissolve, then mix it with a whisk.
After its complete dissolution and the addition of vinegar, boil the liquid for 2 minutes.
10. Immediately pour it evenly on the banks. If a little liquid is not enough, then have boiling water at the ready. You can pour it. Although, let me remind you that when the space is densely filled with fruits, the marinade should be just enough.
Marinade turns muddy with mustard. It will remain so for the entire storage time. But when you get the finished fruit out of it, they will be a beautiful olive color.
11. Pot, in which we will sterilize, cover with a napkin, or gauze. Pour into it warm water and put the banks. Top up with the same warm water so that it reaches the shoulders of the can.
Do not put the jars in cold, or very hot water. They may burst from the temperature difference.
12. Immediately cover the container with a sterile cap. From this moment on, the lid cannot be opened until tightening. It is strictly.
13. Turn on the fire under the saucepan and bring the water to a boil. It should not be in the form of individual gums, but boil over the entire surface. After that, the fire can be reduced to medium and sterilized filled container 7 — 8 minutes.
14. Take out the jars one by one, using special tongs and screw the lid on with a sealer.
If the lid is accidentally opened when you take out the tongs, then the contents of the jar should be poured with boiling water and sterilized again for 7-8 minutes. But cucumbers during this time can be digested. Therefore, do not rush, and reach the container carefully!
15. Invert the twisted containers and put them on the lid, cover with a blanket and leave to cool completely.
Then put in storage.
The finished product is obtained to taste spicy, sweetish, with a slight bitterness and slight sourness. Delicious incredible. Recommend! Cook one season, and you will cook it forever.
Cucumbers marinated with citric acid for storage in the apartment
Sometimes people are outraged that the Internet is full of recipes blanks using vinegar. It is said that it is not good for health. We will not argue with them, everyone has the right to their own opinion. A better offer a recipe without vinegar. And as a preservative, we will use citric acid.
Despite the fact that we will not use vinegar at all, conservation can also be safely stored in the apartment.
We need (per liter jar):
- how many cucumbers fit in a jar
- small sheet or strip of horseradish leaf
- umbrella of dill (you can two — three branches)
- garlic feather (or clove)
- black pepper peas — 8 pcs
- allspice — 3 peas
- Carnation — 2 buds
For marinade (per liter of liquid):
- salt — 2 tbsp. spoons without a slide
- sugar — 1 tbsp. spoon without a slide
- citric acid — 1 tsp without slide
1. Hold the fruit in cold water so that they become juicy and crispy. This will take from 2 to 6 hours. Then drain the water, rinse the vegetables under running water and cut off the tips.
2. Wash the greens. Sterilize jars and lids. Banks can be used under both screw-in and screw-on caps.
3. Put the necessary amount of greens per liter jar in containers at the bottom, fill as many jars as you need cucumbers.
4. Then fill the container with fruits, placing them in a row very tightly. If the vegetables are not large, then put the smallest of them on top. If all of them are already large, as we have today, then simply cut one or two fruits into circles and fill the container with them to the very top.
Add garlic, either with a pen or cloves.
5. Boil water at the rate of about 0.5 liters per liter jar, preferably a little with a margin. Carefully pour boiling water into the filled container. First, in each of the cans little by little, and then just below the neck. Thus, the glass will not be subject to a sharp change in temperature and will not burst.
6. Pour boiling water under the neck and cover with lids. Leave for 15 minutes to warm up the fruits and greens.
7. Then drain the slightly cooled water and cover the contents with lids. Measure how many liters we got.
Proceeding from this, pour salt and sugar into a saucepan and pour in the drained water. Bring it to a boil while stirring. Salt and sugar should be completely dissolved.
And be sure to allow the brine to boil for 2 — 3 minutes.
8. While the pickle is heated on the stove, pour half a teaspoon of citric acid into each of the cans.
Accordingly, if you close in two-liter containers, you will need a full teaspoon, and for 3 liters — 1.5 teaspoons.
9. Refill the contents of the jars with boiling marinade, immediately cover with a lid and tighten it tightly. Do the same with all other filled containers.
10. Put the preservation on the cover and cover with a rug. Leave in this position until cool.
Then remove to storage. Open in winter and eat with pleasure!
Pickled cucumbers, canned in 2 liter jars with hot peppers
If you like spicy cucumbers, then this recipe will surely please you. Pouring is prepared as usual, but you can add as much pepper as you like. Of course, so that you can eat conservation.
And we will do this, Everything will be in moderation, but the bitter taste of taste will still be in the lead.
We will cook in a 2 liter jar.
- cucumbers — 20 pieces of small size
- hot peppers to taste
- garlic — 3 — 4 cloves
- dill — a twig with an umbrella, or two — three umbrellas, depending on the size
- horseradish sheet
- cherry leaves — 7 pieces
- black pepper peas — 10 — 12 pcs
- allspice — 3 — 4 pcs
- Carnation — 3 pcs
For marinade (per liter of water):
- salt — 2 tbsp. spoons without a slide
- sugar — 3 tbsp. spoons
- Vinegar 9% — 3.5 tbsp. spoons
1. Fill the fruits with cold water and leave them for 2-4 hours. If you soak for more than two hours, then it is better to change the water somewhere in the middle.
Then wash the fruit and cut off their tips. On a 2 liter jar, it took me 20 not very large ones.
If you measure them in kilograms, it will be about a kilogram, or a little more.
2. Rinse greens in running water. If it is bought on the market, it is better to scald it with boiling water.
3. In the washed and sterilized jar at the bottom put all the greens. Leaving only a small piece of horseradish leaf and a couple of cherry leaves.
Also immediately put a mixture of peppers and cloves. Cut two cloves of garlic.
4. Now it is possible to place prepared fruits in containers. In the first row it is better to put them vertically, so they can be positioned more closely. We select the largest specimens for this row.
In the same row put a slice of red hot pepper. I cut off about half a pod, but not from the tail, where the seeds are, and where it is not so sharp. Its quantity certainly requires coordination.
My variety is not too sharp, it is not chili. When I make salads for the winter, I add it whole, and the blanks are not bitter. Therefore, I think half will be just right.
But if the pod is very strong, like chili, then of course you need to add much less. I would add no more than 2.5 — 3 cm to a 2 liter jar.
5. On top of the first row cut another clove of garlic. And then lay out the remaining, smaller fruits. It is required to fill capacity as much as possible densely, literally thrusting each of them on the intended place.
From above, where the bank is already narrowing to put either the smallest fruit, or cut a larger one into two bars and use them.
6. We still have a clove of garlic, cut it on top and lay out the remaining leaves of cherry and horseradish.
7. Boil water, you can use a kettle for this. We need about 1 liter of boiling water, this is about. Maybe it will be necessary a little more, or a little less. It will depend on how tightly folded the vegetables are.
Gently pour in boiling water. Try not to pour on the walls of the container so that it does not burst. And also do not pour water quickly. Better to do it in a small trickle.
8. When you pour water under the neck, cover the contents with a lid. It is necessary to close tightly so that the heat does not go out, but to warm up all the components as much as possible.
9. Let stand for 15 minutes. Then drain the water in a saucepan and boil again. Pour the second time and let stand 5 — 7 minutes with the lid closed. If there is not enough water for the second fill, then keep a kettle with boiling water ready. It will be necessary to add again under the very neck.
10. Drain the water in the pan for the last time. Pour salt and sugar and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, then pour the vinegar. And as soon as the marinade boils again, turn off the heat.
Immediately pour it into the jar, also carefully, so that the glass does not burst. Cover tightly again. Let stand 5 minutes. During this time, gently rotate the jar from side to side, thereby releasing air bubbles.
At the same time, it is absolutely impossible to open the lid!
11. Screw the cap back on using the sealer. Turn the can over and check for leaks. Leave it upside down and cover with a rug or blanket, tucking it from all sides to keep it as warm as possible.
12. After a day, the preservation will cool down, and you can remove it for storage.
In winter, open and eat with pleasure.
I want to draw your attention to the fact that the marinade contains a little more sugar than in the standard version. This is done specifically to compensate for the bitterness of chilli peppers.
And once again I will repeat, adjust its addition depending on taste preferences and degree of bitterness!
This is a relatively new recipe for me, I mastered it for myself a couple of seasons. The fact is that the information that came to me about this recipe was extremely controversial. There was no standard for which one could grasp.
And I was alarmed by a sufficiently large amount of vinegar in the proposed recipes. In my culinary piggy bank there are variants with a large amount of acid, for example, pickled cucumbers marinated in Bulgarian. But in the sentences that I met her was even more.
I adapted the recipe to my taste, and it turned out pretty good. In principle, the composition of the ingredients, the recipe remained almost unchanged. Changed only the composition of the marinade, it is made less acidic. I offer it to you.
We need (3 liter jar):
- cucumbers — 1.5 — 2 kg
- carrots — 1 pc average
- onion — 1 head
- garlic — 4 cloves
- dill — 2 stalks with umbrellas
- cherry leaves — 8 pcs
- currant leaves — 4 — 5 pcs
- leaf or root horseradish
- paprika — to taste
- allspice — 4 peas
- black pepper peas — 10 pcs
- Carnation — 4 buds
- salt — 1.5 tbsp. spoons with top (45 gr)
- sugar — 12 tbsp. spoons
- vinegar 9% — 6 tbsp. spoons
This amount is given for a 3 liter jar, which will go about 1.5 liters of water. On a 2 liter jar is about a liter of water, and per liter — 0.5. If you can preserve in a certain container, you can calculate the amount of flavoring additives by yourself.
1. At the first stage, we again need to fill the fruit with cold water. And hold them there from two hours to 6 depending on when they are assembled.
2. Rinse all prepared greens with boiling water for 4 minutes, then drain the water and cover the greens with a lid.
3. In the sterilized jars on the bottom lay out dill, half the leaves of cherries and currants, as well as a strip of horseradish leaf. Or a piece of peeled horseradish root.
Sometimes cooked «strong» cucumbers, and add only horseradish roots, but more.
And also add a mixture of peppers, where the hot red pepper is added to your liking and depending on its strength. And do not forget to put a clove, it will give us a wonderful spicy aroma.
4. Wash the fruits kept in water and cut off the tips on both sides.
Cut the carrots into rounds, or thin strips. The method for registration is absolutely suitable.
5. For onions, you can also choose a method, and cut it into either circles or feathers.
6. Cucumbers put in a jar to half. Push carrot and onion pieces in between, as well as not to forget about garlic, which is also cut into slices.
Everything should be filled quite tightly, so that nothing can be pushed through anywhere.
7. Then in the same way fill the other half of the jar.
8. Top decompose the remaining leaves of cherry, currant and horseradish. At the same time try to fill the container as tightly as possible and to the very top. To do this, leave a couple of small fruits. If there are none, then you can simply cut one of them into two halves.
9. Top with salt and sugar.
Loose substances, by the way, can be poured into the middle, it will be easier for them to dissolve there. And they will not interfere with the pouring.
10. Boil water. Pour it capacity almost to the end, but leave room for vinegar. Pour it as much as required, and then pour boiling water to the very neck.
11. Cover with a sterilized cap.
12. Prepare a large high saucepan, cover the bottom with gauze, or napkin. Pour up to half of the water to about 30 — 35 degrees and put in it the filled container.
Put on the fire and add water. It is desirable that she reached the shoulders of banks. Bring water to a boil and sterilize over medium heat at constant boiling for 25 to 30 minutes, preferably 30. Do not open the lid during the entire sterilization stage.
If you sterilize a one-liter jar, then 8 to 10 minutes of time will suffice for it, again after boiling.
13. Then take the jar with the help of special tongs. To do this very carefully, carefully and most importantly, without haste. First, not to burn, and second, not to accidentally open the lid. We don’t need air to get in.
14. Close the jar with a sealer. Put it on the cover and cover with a rug. Leave to cool. Then remove to storage, as always away from heating devices and from light.
Ready preservation turns out sweetish, with sour and salty filling. All the vegetables are delicious, including carrots and onions.
We like. Try cooking and you. Perhaps the recipe will interest you.
Cucumbers marinated with red currants and vinegar essence
This is my one of the most favorite recipes. Here, as part of the marinade, not only traditional salt and sugar are used, but also red currants and tomatoes will act as guarantors of the preservation of our preservation.
We will also use in this blank not the usual vinegar for many, but vinegar essence. However, I am not a supporter of adding it too much, I do not like too acidic conservation. Therefore, I use aspirin with her. This allows me to add essences of only half a teaspoon.
The lack of acid is compensated by aspirin, currant and tomato acid, and vegetables get a wonderful, not at all sour taste.
This is what we will have today is not a simple composition. But do not worry, everything is prepared quite simply. We can handle it.
We need (3 liter jar):
- cucumbers — 1, 5 kg (approximately 25 pieces)
- red currant — 1,5 — 2 glasses
- tomatoes — 4 — 5 pcs (small varieties)
- garlic — 4 — 5 cloves
- dill, cherry, horseradish, currant and tarragon leaves (if available)
- 15 black peppercorns
- Allspice — 5 pcs
- Carnation — 3 — 4 pieces
- hot peppers — a strip of 1 cm
- salt — 3 tbsp. spoons
- sugar — 2 tbsp. spoons
- Acetic essence 70% — 0.5 tsp
- aspirin — 2.5 tablets
If you decide not to add aspirin, then the essence will need 1 tsp.
It is also convenient to preserve 1.5 liter jars. If you use them, then in this case simply divide the total amount of ingredients by 2.
1. As in all other today’s recipes soak the fruit. Then rinse them under running water and cut off the ends from both sides.
And also prepare everything you need so that everything is at hand, and that nothing is forgotten later in the bustle.
2. In a clean sterilized 3 liter jar to put the stalk of dill with leaves and an umbrella. Add a sprig of tarragon, 4 leaves of cherries, 3 leaves of currant, a strip of horseradish leaf the size of 5 cm. And also put a mixture of peppers and cloves.
3. Fill up half with cucumbers, spread garlic cloves into the empty space and sprinkle red currants. If it is on the branches, it will be even more beautiful, so do not clean it for this purpose.
Spread abundantly, it will be tastier.
4. In the middle, place two to three small tomatoes. And then again continue to spread cucumbers, interspersed with berries of currants and chopped pieces of garlic.
Leave a spot on top for two more tomatoes and the remaining greens. To do this, we must have a currant leaf, or two, 4 cherry leaves and a small strip of horseradish. You can also put some more dill. Excess will not be.
Already I do not remind you that you need to fill the container very tight. However, not enough to crush all the currants. Take care of the berries, they are our decoration.
5. Meanwhile, boil water. On a 3 — liter jar you will need about 1.5 liters of liquid. For 1.5 liter cans — two times less.
Pour the required amount of salt and sugar into the jar, that is, 3 spoons and 2 respectively. Fall asleep them directly on top.
6. Carefully, in a small stream, pour the contents of boiling water, trying not to fall on the glass. Fill right under the neck. And immediately cover the sterilized lid.
Let stand 10 minutes.
7. Remove the metal cover, and put on the cover with the holes. Drain the brine in a saucepan and put on the fire. Bring to a boil and hold on low heat for 3 minutes.
8. Make a second fill. Let stand again for 10 minutes with the lid closed and drain again. Put on the fire to bask.
9. Meanwhile, crush the aspirin tablets and put them on top of the vegetables and herbs in the jar. After boiling the brine for 3 minutes, re-pour it into the jar. When the jar is almost full, pour vinegar essence, but so that it does not fall on cucumbers and tomatoes, but in the marinade.
Then pour the remaining marinade.
In the second and third pouring water may not be enough. So keep your kettle ready with boiling water. Each time topping up with the missing amount. We can accidentally pour part of it, part of it will boil off, and vegetables will shrink.
10. When the brine is poured for the last third time, cover with a lid and no longer open. Let stand for 5 minutes, air bubbles will come out. give them a full climb up. You can rotate the jar slightly with the lid closed. Light bubbles in this case will be easier to find the track up.
11. Screw the cap back on and check for leaks. Turn and cover with something warm.
In a day. when the preservation is cool, store in a cool, dark place.
As soon as the cucumbers are not canned, and which cunning compositions of marinades are not used. And here is one of these — along with traditional sugar, salt and vinegar, as well as vodka.
Yes, yes, you heard it right. With vodka, you can not only pickle vegetables in a fast way, but also harvest them for the winter.
As can be understood from the proposed recipe, this method of preservation is very reliable. The brine does not grow cloudy, and the fruits themselves remain tasty and crispy for the whole shelf life.
Men, when they find out on the basis of what the marinade is made of, are always very pleased, and believe that there are two or one in one — immediately and hot, and a snack … Although, in fact, all the alcohol in the cooking process, of course, disappears .
And today I have everything. The article turned out not so small. The pickled cucumbers are painfully good, I wanted to tell about everything in great detail. So that everyone who takes up this business will succeed.
And everything will turn out! I do not even doubt. Excellent and delicious blanks.