Zucchini is a useful and very tasty vegetable, from which, in addition to salads, you can make compotes. Especially to taste the compote of this vegetable is obtained rather unusual taste, reminiscent of canned pineapples.
Since pineapples are too expensive and sometimes can not afford, be sure to make a compote of zucchini for the winter. Yes, and to taste, and for the useful qualities of this preparation will be much better.
Let’s look at step-by-step recipes for making this tasty drink for the winter.
What we need:
- 1 kilogram of zucchini;
- Sugar — half a kilo;
- 2000 ml of water;
- ½ small spoonful of acetic acid;
- 3 carnation buds.
How to make traditional zucchini compote:
- We wash the zucchini from all the dirt, scrape off the entire skin;
- If necessary, the zucchini must be cleaned of seeds. Cut into two parts and take out all the pulp with seeds;
- If desired, the vegetable can be cut into slices and from them remove all the pulp with seeds;
- Next, cut the zucchini into small pieces;
- Fall asleep vegetable in a container, pour water and put on the stove. Cook over medium heat;
- After the water with zucchini begins to boil, add sugar, a couple of clove buds, reduce the heat and leave to cook for a while;
- After 20 minutes we remove the container with compote from the stove and leave to cool slightly;
- In the meantime, we wash the jars, be sure to clean them of dirt with soda and cleaning solution;
- Then do their sterilization over steam or in the oven;
- Pour the zucchini compote into the sterilized containers, roll them with the sealer key;
- Put under a warm blanket to cool down completely;
- After that, you can store for storage in a dark place.
Delicious drink — zucchini compote like pineapple for the winter
What is required for cooking:
- Zucchini — 1 kilogram;
- 350 grams of pineapple juice from the store;
- Sugar — incomplete glass;
- 1 incomplete tsp of lemon juice;
- Pinch of vanilla powder.
We start cooking the zucchini compote with pineapple flavor for the winter:
- Squashes need to be washed in cool water, be sure to wash off all contamination;
- Next, clean off all the skin;
- Peeled vegetables cut into circles, remove the pulp with seeds;
- Cut the rings into small pieces;
- Next, pour the pineapple juice into the pan, pour the granulated sugar, vanilla powder and pour the lemon juice. We mix everything;
- Put on the stove and heat the syrup to a boil. All components must be completely dissolved;
- Next, put the zucchini slices into the syrup and boil for 20 minutes;
- Jars are washed, cleaned with a detergent from dirt and again washed two times;
- Glass containers must be sterilized so that the workpiece is kept for a long time;
- Fill the syrup with zucchini in jars, roll the lids with the key for seaming;
- We clean under warm material to complete cooling.
Components of zucchini compote with cherry plum:
- Zucchini — 500 grams;
- Cherry plum — 500 grams;
- Granulated sugar — 500 grams;
- 3000 ml of water;
- 1 tsp lemon juice.
How to cook cherry plums and zucchini compote for the winter:
- To begin with, wash the jars, clean the dirt, rinse the detergent several times;
- Be sure to sterilize containers over steam or in the oven;
- The plum must be thoroughly rinsed in cold water. We remove all affected fruits, they can spoil the taste of compote;
- Squash need to rinse in cold water. We clean the skin and stalks;
- If the fruits are young, then the seeds can not be cleaned. If not, then it is best to clean the vegetables from the seeds, for this they need to be cut into two parts and remove all the pulp with seeds;
- After that, cut the zucchini in arbitrary medium-sized pieces;
- Putting sliced zucchini and cherry plums in jars;
- All pour boiling water, cover with lids and leave to stand until the water is warm;
- Next, pour the water from the jars into a container;
- In the jars again pour hot water and leave to stand until it cools completely;
- Then the water is again poured into a container of water and put on the stove. Heat to boil;
- In the meantime, pour sugar and pour lemon juice in jars to a squash and cherry plum;
- Remove the boiling water from the stove and pour it into jars of vegetables and berries;
- Close all the covers, twist the key for seaming;
- We turn over the jars with the cherry plum and zucchini compotes, wrap them in a warm blanket and leave them to cool down completely;
- We remove for storage in the pantry or in the cellar.
- 2 oranges;
- 600 grams of zucchini;
- A pound of granulated sugar;
- Water — 4.5 liters;
- One lemon.
We proceed to the preparation of zucchini compote with orange for the winter:
- Pour water into the container, put it on the stove and leave to warm until boiling;
- Wash squash from dirt and clean the skin;
- Cut the peeled vegetable and remove the seeds with pulp. Pulp chop into cubes;
- Oranges need to pour hot water. Remove from them all the skin together with a white film;
- We divide the orange pulp into small slices;
- In each lobule we clean the seeds, if they are there;
- Cut the orange slices into two parts;
- Lemon also pour boiling water, scrape the zest along with a white film;
- From the pulp of lemon squeeze the juice into a separate cup;
- Banks are rinsed, cleaned of dirt and sterilized over steam;
- In the sterilized jars we fall asleep cubes of a vegetable marrow;
- Lemon and orange zest grind with a float and lay out to the zucchini;
- Put the orange pieces in the jars with the rest of the ingredients;
- After that, pour hot water to the very top, cover with lids and leave to stand for minutes;
- As soon as the water turns yellow, color it should be again drained into a saucepan, pour granulated sugar and put on medium heat. Boil the syrup until all the sugar is dissolved;
- In jars add 1 tsp. Of lemon juice;
- Pour hot sweet liquid into jars of vegetables and orange;
- Cover the lid and twist it with a sealer key;
- We put under a warm blanket or fur coat and leave to stand until the compote is completely cooled;
- You can store in a dark place, such as in the pantry or in the cellar.
And here you can learn about how to make applesauce for the winter.
For some reason, the mistress does not make the blanks of beets as often as, for example, of cucumbers. But in vain! Here are the recipes for cooking delicious pickled beets for the winter in different variations. We are sure you will like it!
Components for cooking such an unusual compote with cherries and zucchini:
- 500 grams of zucchini;
- Fresh cherry — 250 grams;
- Water — 1 liter;
- Granulated sugar — 250 grams.
How to prepare a compote of zucchini with cherries for the winter:
- First, we wash the courgettes, scrape away all the dirt;
- Then remove the entire peel and cut the stalk;
- Cut the peeled pulp into rings, scrape the pulp out of the rings together with the seeds;
- Zucchini rings cut into small pieces;
- Sort out the cherry and rinse thoroughly in cool water;
- Next, remove the berry from the water, and leave to stand until dry;
- Compote jars should be washed in solution with baking soda or detergent. Be sure to rinse several times with clean water;
- Sterilize them over steam or in a microwave. Sterilization will ensure long storage of compote;
- Metal lids should be boiled in water for 5 minutes;
- Then put the zucchini pieces and cherry berry in jars. Components can be put up to the top or to the half, do at your discretion;
- Fill all with boiling water to the top and let stand for 20 minutes under the covers;
- When the water turns red, you can drain it back into the pot. To drain, you can use a special plastic cover with holes;
- We pour sugar into a container with liquid, put it on the fire and cook for 10-15 minutes;
- After that, pour in glass containers with zucchini and cherries, syrup to the top;
- Close all screw caps;
- We turn the cans upside down, cover them with a warm towel and leave to stand until they cool down completely;
- Keep everything should be in a dark place — in the pantry or cellar.
- For the compote of zucchini for the winter are well suited young and old vegetables. Young vegetables are cooked faster. But the older zucchini are crispy;
- Sugar can be put at your discretion. If you love sweeter, you can put more sugar than indicated in the recipe;
- Pineapple flavoring can be added to the compote, it will give a pleasant smell and taste;
- Banks must be sterilized, depending on the shelf life of the workpiece.
Be sure to prepare a compote of zucchini for the winter. It is much different from other compotes. It will appeal to you and your family members.
And if it is supplemented with another berry, then from this it will acquire a pleasant sourness and aroma.
So do not delay its preparation, but do it now, while the vegetable season is not over yet!