You can pickle cucumbers in different ways — hot, cold, in buckets, cans, barrels. But if to compare, then, perhaps, salted cucumbers in the cold way turn out the most delicious.
They can be used to make a salad, add to pickle, various other dishes, as well as eat with boiled or fried potatoes.
But still a couple of cans can be made. They certainly fit in the fridge. So, how do you make this tasty food called cold cucumbers in cans for the winter?
What will be needed for salting:
- 1.7 kilograms of fresh cucumbers;
- 15 pieces of cherry leaves;
- 3 leaves of horseradish;
- Horseradish root — 3-4 pieces;
- 4 garlic cloves;
- 3-4 dill umbrellas, as well as 5-6 branches of dill;
- 2 large spoons of salt for 1 liter of water;
- Sugar — 1 big spoon.
How to cook salted cucumbers in the cold way in the banks for the winter:
- First you need to wash the container for pickling. To do this, take glass jars, wash them thoroughly and clean them from dirt;
- After that they need to be sterilized. Sterilization of the container can be done over the steam, or held in the oven for 15 minutes at a temperature of 100-120 degrees;
- Cucumbers should be fresh, not lethargic. They should be thoroughly rinsed from dirt;
- Next, pour the cucumbers with hot water and leave in cold water for 2-3 hours. First you need to cut the tips on both sides;
- We clean the garlic cloves on the skins;
- Horseradish root washed and scrape off the peel. Cut horseradish into several pieces;
- Horseradish leaves, cherries and dill thoroughly rinsed;
- At the bottom of the cans we put horseradish leaves and cherries, garlic cloves, a couple of pieces of horseradish root and fennel sprigs;
- After that, the vegetables begin to lay on the banks. We place them tightly so that there is no space between them. To the neck of the jar should remain about 5 cm;
- Between the cucumbers lay out the remaining leaves and dill;
- Pour water into the pot, set on the fire to warm up;
- In the heated water we pour in salt, granulated sugar, mix everything well;
- As soon as the brine boils, remove it from the stove and pour it into a jar of cucumbers;
- Banks close tightly with plastic covers and remove to cool under a warm coat;
- After cooling, the cucumbers can already be served;
- You can store these pickles in the fridge in a jar.
What components will be required for preparation:
- 2 kilograms of cucumbers;
- 3 large spoons of salt;
- 2 large spoons of granulated sugar;
- 50 grams of vodka;
- 1.5 liters of filtered water;
- 4-5 umbrellas of dill;
- 5 pieces of currant leaves;
- 5 leaves of sweet cherry;
- 4-5 garlic cloves;
- 2-3 leaves of horseradish and root;
- 9-10 allspice peppers.
We analyze the recipe for salting cucumbers with vodka in a cold way for the winter in stages:
- First of all, wash the cucumbers with cool water, clean off all dirt and dust;
- Then douse the vegetables with hot water, remove the tips on both sides, lay out soaking in cold water for 2-3 hours;
- Banks for salting should be thoroughly washed, cleaned with baking soda and rinsed with hot water;
- Garlic cloves clean from husk;
- We wash the root of horseradish, scrape off the entire pelt and cut it into several pieces;
- Rinse the leaves and dill thoroughly;
- On the bottom of the cans we spread a few leaves of currant, cherry, horseradish, garlic cloves, pieces of horseradish, pea-scented pepper;
- Brine is best prepared in advance. To do this, pour water into the tank, put it on the stove to warm up;
- Water should be brought to a boil. Add salt and granulated sugar to boiling water and leave to boil for 5 minutes. After that, remove from heat and leave to stand until completely cool;
- Pour the cooled brine in a jar of cucumbers;
- On one three-liter jar you need to add 50 grams of vodka;
- Then we lower the nylon covers in hot water for 3 minutes and immediately close the cans with them;
- Leave the banks to stand at room temperature for 3 days;
- After that, we remove the banks in the basement or cellar for 2 months. After this period, the cucumbers will be ready to eat. And although they were prepared in jars, they will have a taste like cask cucumbers.
- 10 kilograms of fresh cucumbers;
- 400 grams of dill umbrellas;
- 2 small garlic heads;
- 10 cherry leaves;
- 1 horseradish root;
- 10-12 horseradish leaves;
- Hot pepper pod;
- Brine with salt — 5 liters (300-400 grams of salt will be required for 5 liters of water);
- Mustard — ½ cup.
Let’s start cooking pickled cucumbers with mustard for the winter:
- First you need to wash cucumbers, clean off all dirt and dust;
- Vegetables must be doused with hot water, cut off at the tips of the butt and left soaked in cold water for 5-6 hours;
- Salt cucumbers can be in wooden barrels, tubs, enamel containers, buckets, pots and glass jars. Since there is hardly a barrel in the apartments, cucumbers should be salted in a glass jar. You can use a large capacity, if it is. The container must first be washed and rinsed with boiling water;
- All leaves, dill umbrellas thoroughly rinsed;
- Horseradish root and garlic are cleaned from the skin. Horseradish root cut into small pieces;
- Then lay the leaves, dill, garlic, horseradish root on the bottom of the jar and put cucumbers on top. Top the cucumbers again put greens, then again cucumbers. At the end lay out dill umbrellas;
- Mustard can be poured on the bottom of the jar or put it in a bag of gauze and put it in a jar of cucumbers;
- We put 5 liters of water on the fire and warm it up. In hot water we pour the salt, boil it until the salt is completely dissolved;
- As soon as the brine becomes cool, pour it into a container with cucumbers;
- After that we close the cans with nylon covers, put them in storage in the fridge.
What a delicious billet of the squash for the winter gathered our chefs! Be sure to try!
Find out here how to prepare zucchini with Chile ketchup for the winter.
The best preparations of zucchini with tomatoes for the winter are here. Good preservation!
What you need for quick salting:
- 2 kilograms of cucumbers;
- 2 large spoons of salt;
- A bunch of fresh dill;
- 1 head of garlic;
- 3-4 large spoons of vinegar;
- 5 large spoons of vegetable oil;
- Spices for pickling cucumbers.
The recipe for making pickled cucumbers in a cold way in a hurry:
- For cooking you will need a container of enamelled base or plastic bag;
- Cucumbers need to be thoroughly rinsed from dirt. It is advisable to remove the skin from them, due to this they will turn out delicate;
- After that, the vegetables can be cut into medium slices, so they will salt more quickly;
- Rinse and chop the dill into small pieces;
- Garlic peeled from the skin and cut into thin plates;
- After that, mix cucumbers with dill, garlic;
- We add to all components salt, vinegar. We mix everything;
- Pour vegetable oil. Optionally, you can season with spices — coriander, paprika, a mixture of allspice;
- Container with all components should be refrigerated;
- After 15 minutes, cucumbers can be served on the table.
- Be sure to soak cucumbers before salting for 3-4 hours. Due to this, they will become denser and after salting will be crispy;
- For salting it is better to use fruits of medium size, not more than 15 cm in length;
- To give an unusual taste and aroma together with cucumbers, you can pickle onions, sweet peppers, tomatoes;
- For salting, it is better to use dark-skinned fruits, light fruits are suitable for making salads.
Eating pickled cucumbers can be in 2-3 months after salting.
It is not necessary to salt them in a barrel, they are no worse than obtained in glass jars or enamelware.
The main thing is to strictly observe the recipe of preparation, then you get a real masterpiece of culinary art!