The taste of cherry compote is just as wonderful as cherry jam.
The process will not cause problems, and the time spent on harvesting depends entirely on the number of berries available.
So, for the preparation of cherry compote for the winter you will need the following ingredients:
- Berries to sort and wash;
- Now we are ready to prepare the cans for spinning: rinse them thoroughly and put them in sterilization;
- After the banks are put on sterilization — go to the water. It can be passed through the filter;
- Fill each sterilized jar with 1/3 berries, then pour them with boiling water, about 1/5 before reaching the edge of the jar, as you need to leave room for sugar;
- For 15 minutes, leave the jars with the contents to heat. If you use 1 liter cans, then 10 minutes will be quite enough. That is, focus on the temperature of the can, when it becomes warm, you can proceed to the following actions;
- At the throat of the jars, we install a special lid or lattice and pour the liquid into the pan;
- Pour sugar into the pan, focusing on the following proportions: for 3 liters — 300g., For liter — 100 gr. However, it should be noted that the amount of granulated sugar depends on the taste of the berries. If they are acidic, then, accordingly, you need to add more sugar;
- Put the pot on the fire and bring the compote to a boil. To achieve an unusual taste, you can add a branch of lemon balm or mint;
- Simultaneously with the previous action in a separate container, we put on the sterilization of the lid. Boiling time is about 3 minutes, possibly longer;
- Also, additionally heat the water in the kettle, in case there is not enough liquid;
- When the compote in the pot boils, pour it into the jar;
- Fill up (if necessary) water from the kettle and close the previously sterilized lid;
- In order to check how tightly the lid is closed, turn over the jar;
- It is upside down, we lay out all the cans with compote on a pre-prepared blanket, wrap them well and leave them in this form for the night or for 12 hours;
- With the onset of morning we open the rug and leave the compote to cool naturally;
- After complete cooling, the banks are rubbed with a cloth and cleaned in the closet until winter.
- Berries to sort, wash and evenly distribute the banks;
- Add sugar to the boiling water and boil the syrup for about 4-5 minutes. Cool slightly and pour them berries;
- Banks together with the contents should be sterilized according to the following duration:
- 0.5 can — 12 minutes;
- A liter pot is 15 minutes;
- 3-liter — half an hour.
After this, the banks are sealed with a lid and waiting for cooling.
A simple way to prepare cherry compote for the winter has long been unimpressive and hostesses are looking for various ways to make this drink more original and tastier.
- Cherry — 300 gr .;
- Lemon — 1 pc .;
- Water — 1 l .;
- Sugar — 50 gr.
- Rinse the berries, pour a glass of water and put on the fire. After boiling, boil for a few more minutes, turn off the heat and cool;
- Cut lemon into slices, add to cherries and add sugar to it;
- Mix well and leave under the lid closed for about 1 hour;
- Before use, you can dilute the drink of cherries and lemon with cool water or throw a couple of ice cubes.
- Cherry — 400 gr .;
- Lemon — 0.5 pcs .;
- Water — 2.5 l .;
- Fresh mint — 3-4 branches;
- Honey — 4 tbsp. l
- Peel berries, peel and spread them out in a bowl;
- Cut the lemon into slices, tear the mint with your hands and also send it to the slow cooker;
- Ingredients pour water, set the mode «Quenching», a timer for 1 hour. It is in this mode that your compote will languish, not boil, and thanks to this, the berries will retain their beneficial substances and vitamins;
- After the sound notification of the end of the «quenching» open the lid and leave the contents to insist overnight or for 1, 5 hours;
- The next morning, drain the cherry compote, and add honey.
- Cherries — 0.5 kg .;
- Sugar — 200 gr .;
- Soda — pinch;
- Fresh mint — by the number of cans;
- Water — 2.5 liters.
And then you will learn how to prepare red currant compotes for the winter.
Do you like apples? That’s right, because they are healthy and tasty! Find out here how to originally bake them in the microwave. Enjoy your meal!
Preparation of cherry compote with mint for the winter looks like this:
- Enumerate and rinse the berries;
- Spread mint sprigs (1 pc.) And berries evenly over the banks;
- Pour sugar in jars;
- Pour the contents of boiling water exactly half, close the lid and shake gently to dissolve the sugar;
- Leave the jars for about a quarter of an hour for infusing berries and mint. At the time, start boiling the rest of the liquid;
- After 15 minutes of infusion, remove mint sprigs from the cans. During this time, she managed to give her flavor, and if you do not remove the compote, she will get a bitter taste;
- Top up the remaining boiling water and roll up the lids;
- After turning the cans down with covers and wrap up with a warm blanket;
- After a day, the cooled jars can be attributed to the permanent storage of winter billets.
Tips and some secrets of cooking successful cherry compotes for the winter
- Water. It is recommended to use not running water, but filtered. If you plan to compote dried fruit or frozen fruit, the water should be cold (for swelling and thawing). Fresh berries lay in a boiling liquid, so they gave their juice and vitamins;
- Sugar. For compotes for the winter, you can use absolutely any kind of sugar: cane, brown, white or fruit. Accordingly, the taste of the drink will be different. Some hostesses add honey to the aroma, but do not pour it into boiling water. Of course, the compote on the taste should be sweet, but it is best to add sugar parts. In addition, for sweets, you can add the remnants of jam or fruit jam. During cooking, 150 g are added to each liter of liquid. Sahara. The quantity can be changed depending on the acids of the fruit or berries;
- Berries, fruits and dried fruits. For the compote of cherries for the winter, you can use completely different berries: frozen, fresh, dried. However, there is a rule: do not digest! Their preparation lies in the fact that the berries are laid whole, soft fruits are cut into small pieces, and the hard crushed.
- Compote bring only to a slight boil, then turn off the heat and leave to insist. If you follow the rule, then in the drink for the winter will be saved the maximum amount of vitamins and nutrients;
- Fruits are cut into equal pieces so that when cooked, they are cooked at the same time;
- The maximum amount of vitamins will be preserved if fruits, fruits or berries were put into boiling water with the addition of lemon juice or acid;
- Boil the fruit in advance so that the berries can soak in the sugar syrup and give off their aroma, color and taste;
- Products not intended for cooking: persimmon, banana, pomegranate and quince. Most often they are used as aromatic additives;
- Frozen compote can be stored for 1 month.
Also, some hostesses replace 1/3 of the berries with gooseberries, currants, and strawberries. In general, fantasy has no limits, the main thing is to successfully combine the tastes of berries and fruits.