Cherry berries contain a large amount of the most useful vitamins and trace elements that are necessary for the human body to maintain normal function and good health.
Candied fruits can be made from various fruits and even from watermelon peels. From cherries, they are especially appetizing. They can be used for a variety of dessert dishes, including cakes and cocktails.
Classic candied fruits are made from berries and sugar syrup. Unlike purchased desserts, when they are cooked themselves, they are natural, free from unhealthy dyes and various fillers of unknown origin.
At home, really cooked candied cherries, which will have excellent taste.
Cherries come in a variety of varieties and have a higher or less high acid content. This is important to consider when choosing berries for such a dessert.
Candied sour cherries differ in sourness, while sweet berries, respectively, make it possible to get a sweeter dessert.
Ingredients that will be required to prepare such a wonderful dessert at home:
- Cherry berries — 2 kg;
- Drinking water — 400 g;
- Granulated sugar — 2 kg 200 g.
For this type of dessert fit whole, ripe berries, without defects. Bones need to be removed. Manually this is achieved with great difficulty, so in the arsenal of household utensils should be a special machine or any other appropriate device.
Preparation of candied cherry:
- The berries are carefully sorted, washed, remove the bones;
- Water is poured into a saucepan, sugar is poured into it and boiled for five minutes;
- Berries are poured with syrup;
- After that, it will take about six hours to wait for the berries to infuse and pour the juice;
- The next step is cooking on the fire for about 10 minutes;
- After that, they are again left for five hours;
- The contents of the pan need to be boiled again, but until such time as the berries brighten and the syrup thickens;
- When everything boils down, you need to move the berries into a colander and wait an hour and a half (extra liquid will be removed during this time);
- Then they should be put on a sieve, sprinkled with sugar and dried for five days;
- When candied cherries are ready, they are packed in cellophane or placed in jars, sealed and stored in a cold place.
If there is no time for making candied fruit, you can use a faster recipe. He will not waste too much time if you want to get such a product in a short time.
Ingredients that will be required for candied cherries in a hurry:
- Cherries — 1.5 kg;
- Sugar — 1.8 kg;
- Water — 180 g
Stages of preparation of candied fast way:
- The berries are washed, remove the bones;
- Prepare a syrup of water and sugar (boil for four minutes);
- Berries poured syrup;
- Wait 4 hours;
- Cook them in syrup for about fifteen minutes;
- Throw berries in a colander and wait about an hour;
- Dry the berries in the oven, at a temperature of 34 degrees, for 11 hours;
- The finished product is placed in glass jars, closed and stored in a cellar or refrigerator.
By winter, candied fruits will be especially helpful. Of these, you can cook any sweet dish, or simply use it instead of candy (which is much more useful). Prepare a billet for the winter of cherries at home can be in one day or a little more.
- Granulated sugar — 1 kg;
- Cherries — 1.5 kg;
- Chilled drinking water — 100 g
Preparation of candied cherry for the winter:
- First of all, you need to sort the berries that are unsuitable for use in this case (spoiled, rotten, overripe, crumpled);
- Bones are removed from them;
- Then they are placed in an enamel pan;
- Water is boiled, pour out sugar, boil until sugar dissolves completely;
- Berries poured syrup, gently stirring (they should not be taken);
- Let them stand for about six hours;
- Ready cherries are dried in the oven for 6 hours and placed in a bag of polyethylene or in glass jars;
- Store the product in a cool, dark place.
And here are described preparations of apricots for the winter and the technology of their preparation.
Useful, sour, just amazing jam of red currant! Is it possible not to cook it? Here are the recipes. Do not forget to save to your bookmarks!
Any mistress can cook candied cherry. There is nothing difficult in recipes. But it is important to follow some rules that will allow to exclude some unpleasant moments:
- Heat treatment of berries in the process of their preparation for candied fruits should be carried out only on low heat;
- During pitting, it is advisable not to crush the berries;
- For full preparation of candied fruit, it is necessary to dry the berries in known ways: either on the air for several days, or in an oven (which reduces the cooking time to 7 hours).
The right approach to business will provide the best result. Candied cherries can be stored all year round until next season.