Asparagus beans for the winter — the best recipes
I know many of my friends, gardeners who grow asparagus, or green beans in their summer cottage. And also I know that not everyone knows how to cook it tasty, and even more so to prepare for the winter. And if they ask me how to do it, I’m happy to share recipes with them.
After all, in fact, it is a very tasty and healthy culture that you definitely need to eat. Not often, of course, but this restriction applies equally to any other product. And having prepared it at least once a month, you undoubtedly diversify your menu.
Today I would like to share my favorite recipes with you. And with all the responsibility I want to assure everyone that having prepared this vegetable crop at least once in one of the suggested ways, you will love it and will cook it more often.
All recipes are different — the pods can be preserved, marinated, frozen; prepare them in the form of a salad, snack or semi-finished product for further cooking. The main thing is that all this can be made unforgettable. And now just go story about how to do it.
Asparagus beans with tomatoes and vegetables, canned for the winter in banks (the best recipe)
I admit, this is my favorite recipe from all the preparations of this vegetable crop for the winter. I have been cooking on it for a very long time, ever since I lived in Uzbekistan. Recipe shared a neighbor. So now I cook this salad every year.
Yes, yes … such preservation can be considered a salad, a snack, lecho, or simply a blank for the second dish called lobio. That is, the appointment of this dish is multifunctional.
Cooking is not difficult. The most difficult thing is the preliminary preparation of vegetables: wash, peel, chop. Everything else is done simply and fairly quickly.
And you can not imagine how tasty the finished dish will turn out. No worse than lecho of peppers, zucchini and cucumbers.
We will need (output 2 liters):
- beans — 500 gr
- carrot — 500 gr
- tomatoes — 1 kg
- Bulgarian pepper — 250 gr
- hot peppers — 0.5 — 1 pc
- garlic — 50 gr
- sugar — 100 gr
- salt — 1 tbsp. spoon (or to taste)
- vegetable oil — 150 ml
- vinegar 9% — 2 tbsp. spoons
1. Soak pods for 20 minutes, then rinse. First, in the water in which they were soaked, then under a stream of running water. Then let it drain, but while it happens, you can immediately cut the tails from the pods on both sides.
To make it faster, you can take several at once, align them on the board and cut them in the same place. Then immediately cut them into fragments with a side of about 3–4 cm, so that they are comfortable to eat.
Also, slices of this size will boil faster and better be fed with juice from other vegetables.
It happens that the beans have rough streaks on the sides, and if you pull it by the tip, it can be easily removed. But this varietal variety, this is its difference from the asparagus. At last, the veining is usually not formed. But in any case, if any, they must also be cleaned.
2. In the meantime, we clean and cut them, you can put on the pan a pot filled with water. At this number of pods will need about 2 liters. Salt water is not necessary!
For the whole harvesting of this type of vegetable culture, it is necessary to pre-boil, even for a very short time.
3. After boiling water, pour the slices into the pan, and after boiling again, boil with the lid closed for 7-8 minutes. That is, to the state when the pods will already be possible and pleasant to eat.
4. When time is up, drain the water through a colander. Cut there and leave for draining and cooling.
5. Cut the washed tomatoes into cubes with a side of about 2.5 cm. You can either peel or leave the skin.
I have my own tomatoes, their skin is not at all coarse, and I do not peel it. I already know from experience that it will not interfere at all, as well as be felt.
6. Cut the peppers into strips.
If it is available in different colors, then take it, the salad will look more colorful and positive. Do not cut it large, it is better that it is about the same size and thickness as the already cut fragments of pods ..
7. Peel carrots and grate for Korean carrots. You can use the usual large grater. But with the use of a special «helper» the salad will look more aesthetically pleasing.
8. Cut the hot red pepper into small cubes. If you have taken chili, then add it to taste. If this is the usual hot pepper, then peeling the seeds, you can add it whole.
And chop the garlic.
Now that everything is ready, you can begin.
9. In a large saucepan, pour the butter and put all the chopped tomatoes. Put on the fire. Without waiting for them to warm up, immediately add the carrots, sugar and salt.
10. Cover the vegetables with a lid and bring the mixture to a boil. When it boils over the entire surface, it will be necessary to note the time. At this stage, boil everything that is added should be 25 — 30 minutes.
During this time, the tomatoes will have the appearance of a tomato sauce and a lot of juice will appear, which during this time will even have time to evaporate.
11. Pour in the cooled beans by that time (although there is no difference, you can also use hot) and a mixture of peppers. Cover again and bring to a boil. After that, boil another 10 minutes.
12. And we still have garlic and vinegar, add them and cook for another 3-4 minutes, again after boiling.
13. Without turning off the fire, but only reducing it to a minimum, decompose the vegetables into sterilized jars. The method of their sterilization, you can choose any of the many available.
It is necessary to fill tightly so that there are no voids and airy sinuses inside. If there are any, then air bubbles can be released by pressing their contents with a spoon. Or simply pushing a table knife, or a spoon handle, along the edge of the jar. And it is better to fill in step by step — we laid out a few spoons, pressed the salad, checked, then we undertake the next layout.
14. Fill the container should be at the very neck. It is better if the juice is poured on top, which we have formed in abundance in the already prepared salad.
I got two full 750 gram jars, and one is not complete. We will leave it to eat the dish in a freshly prepared form. If you do not want to leave the sample, then add another 200 grams of beans to the recipe. The rest of the ingredients can be left unchanged, except to add a little more salt, and vinegar is no longer 2 tablespoons, but 2.5.
15. Cover the filled containers with a sterilized cap.
16. Cover the bottom of the large pan with a rag and place the container in it. Pour the pan with warm water so that it reaches the shoulders of the jar. Turn on the heat and bring the water to a boil.
Sterilize 45 minutes, if the bank 0.5 liter, then 30 minutes.
Sometimes sterilized and less, but I do not risk that it was for sure. Still, prepare a mixture of different vegetables. Moreover, the taste is not reflected. With 20 minutes to sterilize that 30 — the taste will be the same.
17. After rolling, put the jar on the lid, turning it over and cover it with something warm. Leave in this form until cool. Then turn it over to its usual position and store it in a cool place, it is desirable that there is no constant access of light to conservation.
It turns out this salad — lecho is simply divinely delicious. You will be surprised that asparagus beans in general, you can cook such yummy!
Video on how to cook the most delicious beans for the winter
This recipe is really delicious. And so we decided to make a video on it. Here everything is told and shown in detail. Therefore, difficulties with the preparation will not occur.
Watch and cook on health!
And if you like what we do on the blog and video feed, do not forget to subscribe. We are always glad to see you, try to look for the best recipes, share them and meet you as the best guests.
I want to offer you a delicious recipe for pickled beans. To conserve it is very simple, but it turns out very tasty and beautiful dish.
In finished form, it can be eaten as a snack, and if desired, used for cooking first and second courses.
We will need: (two 650 gram cans)
- asparagus or green beans — 700 — 750 gr
- Bulgarian pepper 2 colors — 2 pieces
- hot peppers if desired
- garlic — 4 cloves
For the marinade: (per liter of water)
- salt — 1 tbsp. spoon
- sugar — 1 tbsp. spoon
- black pepper peas — 20 pieces (10 per jar)
- allspice — 4 pcs (2 pcs)
- Carnation — 4 buds (2 pcs each)
- bay leaf — 2 pieces (one by one)
And also for every 650 grams can we need 1.5 tsp of 9% vinegar. On a half-liter jar — 1 tsp, per liter — 2 tsp.
1. Soak the beans for 10 minutes in cool water, then wash it first in this water, and then under running water. Put in a colander to glass all the liquid.
To beautifully arrange the workpiece, I decided not to cut the pods into fragments, but leave them as long as possible. Therefore, I filled the jar with pods for as long as they fit, and I cut off all the remains sticking upward. In this way, they all tune up, and I don’t have to align each of them.
Do not throw out the remnants, you can lay them in the middle of future preservation, or use them for another dish. Today I will cook more beans for freezing, that’s where all the small fragments will go to me.
Keep in mind that the pods, we will still cook. She will then become more pliable, and she will fit in the jar, eventually more grams per 100.
At the end of the trimming procedure, take out the pods and trim the tails on the other side.
2. In the meantime, engaged in the pods, you can put a pot of water on fire. We will need boiling water. Use a large saucepan if you want to boil them all at once. Or cook in two batches.
After the water boils, dip the pods into it. And as soon as they boil for 7 minutes to boil, if they are thin, and 10 minutes, if they already take shape and become thicker.
3. At the end of cooking, drain the water and flip the product into a colander to drain all the water. Allow to cool slightly.
4. To remove the Bulgarian pepper of contrasting colors from the stem and cut them into long feathers along the fruit. I use red and juicy green vegetables. You will need half of one and half of the other.
And also I want to add a slice of hot peppers, so that the appetizer is slightly sharp. Therefore, I also cut a long thin strip from the whole fruit. This is despite the fact that my pepper is not very sharp. If you have chili, then you need it on such a jar just a small piece, about 0.3-0.5 cm thick.
5. We will also need garlic. It is now fresh, juicy and therefore it can be easily crushed with the flat side of a knife, and then finely chopped. And if you want, use the press for this procedure.
6. And so we have everything ready except for the marinade. We will deal with them a little later, when we collect in a jar everything that we have prepared.
Take one of the pre-sterilized jars and put 1/4 of garlic on the bottom. Then slightly tilt it, and begin to fill the cooled pods. On the edge of the jar is beautiful to have colored pepper. Fill tightly in such a way that nothing more can be pushed inside.
7. Top with another 1/4 part of garlic. And while cover with sterilized metal lid.
8. Similarly fill the second jar.
9. Before you begin to fill it, you can put a liter of water to bask in the pan. This is for the marinade. Immediately cook a mixture of cloves and bay leaf. And do not forget the salt and sugar, what kind of marinade without their presence.
As soon as the water begins to boil, pour in all that is prepared and let the marinade boil for 3 minutes.
10. Pour the hot liquid into the jars, while trying to leave all the floating additives in the pan. But nothing, if something falls into the container, it’s not scary.
Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
11. Put a lid with holes on the jar and pour the marinade back into the pan, do the same with the second container. Again boil the marinade and pour again.
Wait 10 minutes again.
If the beans are thin, then two fillings will be enough. If it is rather large, or if you want to insure yourself, then drain the brine again and boil. Then pour the third time.
12. Vinegar should be added to the last filling without pouring the marinade to the end. In this case, we add 1.5 tsp. Then pour the marinade under the very neck and cover with a lid.
After the filled container lasts 5 minutes, it can be tightened with a sealer.
I try to close all blanks with beans in this way. Do not risk to close screw caps. Although it can and can do it.
Friends, if you have such an experience, share it in the comments!
13. Now it remains to turn the banks and properly wrap them with a warm blanket. It is desirable that under such a «coat» the heat was kept as long as possible. I can keep it up to a day. And this is very good, it is an additional natural sterilization.
14. And at the final stage to remove the container with preservation for storage. For this fit a dark place, away from heating appliances.
In winter, open and eat with pleasure. Treat family and guests.
Asparagus beans in tomato sauce for freezing in packages
We love the dish called lobio, cook it in a Caucasian way and as it is cooked in Central Asia. And if in the summer there is no problem with preparing this dish, then in the winter you have to invent something.
You can, of course, buy a freeze in the store, but you want to cook from your own one, from the one you raised on your garden bed! So we plant! If you just freeze your own, and cook from it, then the finished dish still does not work out like the summer one.
And so I am preparing this kind of preparation, which will be quite quickly and easily transformed into a favorite tasty dish, even meat, even vegetable.
Yes, even if you do not transform anything, but simply warm up such a mixture in a skillet, in 5 minutes a tasty side dish will be ready for any meat or fish dish.
We will need (for 1600 — 1700 grams of the finished product):
- beans — 1 kg
- tomatoes — 1 kg
- onions — 2 pieces about 200 gr
- Bulgarian pepper — 1 pc
- bitter red pepper — 0.5 — 1 pc
- garlic — 2 — 3 cloves
- salt — 1 tbsp. spoon without a slide, or better to taste
- sugar — 1 tbsp. spoon (even with a slide, even without it, that is, to taste)
- vegetable oil — 100 ml
1. As always, the process begins with washing the beans and cutting off unnecessary tails from both sides. Then it needs to be cut into pieces convenient for further cooking. I cut them in about 3.5 — 4 cm lengths. But some may turn out a little less, or more. It really doesn’t matter.
2. Put the water in the pot and bring it to a boil. Throw prepared by the time of cutting and wait until the water boils again. Salt it is not necessary.
After boiling cook for 3 to 8 minutes. Time depends on the size of the pods, or rather on their thickness, as well as on your preferences. If you like the finished dish softer, then cook the maximum amount of time, that is, until cooked. If you like a crispy product, then choose the shortest time.
And keep in mind that we will cook it in tomato sauce, and for quite some time. Of course, it will not melt there, because the tomatoes contain acid, but it does not boil too much.
3. I chose the average time — 5 minutes. After that, the water must be drained and discarded that boiled in a colander. Extra liquid we will not need a drop.
4. In the meantime, everything was cooked with us, it was possible to have time to do other work. Namely, fry the onion cut into quarters of rings in a pan in butter. Do not fry strongly, it is enough that the pieces only slightly limp, become transparent and more pliable.
5. And if you have time, then you need to wash the tomatoes and cut them into pieces no more than 2 cm. The question may be whether to remove the skin from the tomatoes or not. Solve this question yourself. If the skin in your food interferes, or annoying, then remove, if not, then you can leave it.
Tomatoes take red, ripe, tasty. The tastier they are, the tastier our stocking will turn out.
6. Put a large saucepan on the parallel burner, where we actually place the sliced tomatoes. We bring them to a boil under the lid and cook until the pieces lose their shape, that is, until they are uncoupled. As a rule, it takes from 15 to 20 minutes of time.
7. Then add the fried onions to the tomato, right along with the oil on which it was fried.
8. And without delaying the case indefinitely, immediately lay out the asparagus bean pods that have cooled down by then.
9. Stir vegetables and stew, without closing the lid with periodic stirring for 30 minutes. Our task is not only to extinguish everything well, but also to evaporate the excess liquid.
Remember that the appetizer is prepared for freezing. Liquid there will be absolutely useless!
10. After half an hour add the sliced Bulgarian pepper and smaller pieces — red bitter pepper.
Vegetables mix. Simmer another 15 — 20 minutes until no liquid remains.
11. Now it’s time to put chopped garlic, salt and pepper to taste. After a good mix, taste the finished dish. And if your taste suggests that you need to add something else, then add and cook after all the additives for another 5 minutes.
During this time, you can have time to mix our dish a couple of times. Liquid is not enough, so make sure that vegetables do not stick to the bottom.
12. At the end of cooking, wait until the dish is completely cooled. Then put it in bags or containers and put it in the freezer.
I sorted the contents into packages, so they will occupy less precious space in the freezer. It turned out 3 packets of approximately 550 grams each. For three meals enough.
At any time you can get the packaging, open and cook with the contents of any soup, or second courses. And you can eat as a side dish, just warming up the billet in the pan, which undoubtedly diversifies your winter menu.
Another tasty preparation for the winter, which leaves no one indifferent. We already prepared Korean salads from cucumbers and zucchini, we also have a tasty tomato snack on the menu. And now on the queue a new recipe.
The cooking technology is not much different from the already prepared Korean salads from other vegetables. However, there is a difference.
We will need (two 650 gram jars):
- beans — 1 kg
- carrot — 300 gr
- onions — 100 — 120 gr (1 head)
- garlic — 45 — 50 gr
- hot peppers — 0.5 — 1 pc
- sugar — 1 tbsp. spoon
- salt — 1 tbsp. spoon (or to taste)
- vegetable oil — 70 ml
- Vinegar 9% — 60 ml
- Korean carrot spices — 15 gr (1 sachet)
1. As usual, wash and clean the pods from the tails. Then cut it into two — three parts with a length of 4 — 5 cm. Although the pieces can be made shorter, here it is more a matter of taste.
2. Pour about 2 — 2.5 liters of water into the pan and boil it under the lid. Salt is not necessary to add. Put the sliced pieces into the boiling water and cover again. Bring to a boil and cook for 7 minutes.
Drain the water and fold the pieces into a colander to completely get rid of it and cool the cut.
3. While the pods are boiling and cooling, peel the carrots and grate them for Korean carrots. At the same time try to straw turned out long.
4. Grind the garlic, you can do it with a press, and you can crush the teeth with the flat side of the knife and finely chop them.
So the pieces will not be in the form of kashchitsy, and will be more tangible to taste.
5. Onion crumble into very small cubes. To do this, it should first be cut into semirings with a side of 1 — 2 mm, and then cut them also across to get cubes of the same size.
As well as garlic, it is better to cut the head rather than rub, for example, grated. Small cubes will be practically invisible in the salad, and at the same time they will be preserved and will give their flavor in this magnificent ensemble.
6. In the salad, we will add hot pepper. Although it is already in the finished mixture for the Korean carrot, which we have already prepared. But fresh taste cannot be refused, Korean salads are famous for the presence of bitterness.
I have a rather hot pepper, so I will add only half of it. And you do not risk, add at the beginning some part. then try, and if necessary, you can add.
7. All that prepared immediately put in a small bowl, or a suitable pan.
8. Pour salt and sugar into a basin, add ready-made mixture for Korean carrots. If you do not have it, you can do it yourself.
The basis for this spice is ground coriander and red hot ground pepper. And so added ground nutmeg, a mixture of herbs, dried garlic.
9. In a measuring glass, measure the oil and vinegar and pour out the measured parts to the vegetables. Mix everything and leave to infuse for 6 — 7 hours.
During this period of time, the vegetable mixture should be mixed approximately every 40 minutes. After 2 — 3 hours, you can try a piece of the pod. At this stage, you can add what is missing. This is especially true for salt and pepper.
For my taste, nothing needs to be added. Therefore, I leave everything as it is.
The degree of sharpness is determined of course individually. Everyone has their own preferences. Men love sharper, but not all women can eat such spicy foods. Therefore, I always choose a middle ground to make everyone enjoy this food.
9. Wash and sterilize jars and lids.
10. And so, it is time to lay the salads in the prepared container. There is a small feature here — there is very little juice in the dish. But do not worry, it will be quite enough.
We will fill the jar slowly, and prepare a tolkushku in advance for the preparation of mashed potatoes. Fill the container with 1/4 part and slightly rub the contents with a prepared object. Without crushing the contents of porridge, of course. Strength is not needed here, but accuracy and patience are needed.
Then fill the jar in half and lightly squeeze the vegetables again with a wooden helper. You will see that the juice began to appear more and more.
If there are air bubbles at the edges of the can, and when pressed with a spoon or tolkushku, they are not even going to come out, stick a table knife along the very edge of the glass wall. Try not to damage the vegetables.
Thus, gradually fill the container almost under the neck, or rather leave about 0.3-0.5 cm space. During sterilization and heating, the juice will be further separated and fill all the space left.
11. Lay the bottom of a large and spacious saucepan for sterilization with gauze or a cloth. Put into it a filled container covered with scalded lids. And pour warm water to the very shoulders of the jar.
11. Bring the water to a boil, then sterilize for 30 minutes.
12. Without opening the lid during the entire sterilization process, remove the filled containers with special tongs one by one and immediately tighten them.
13. Turn over the cans and cover them with a blanket. Leave “under the fur coat” to cool completely. About a day. Then remove to storage.
Since I filled the cans very tightly, I only got two 650 gram cans. Try it left half a small bowl. But this was enough to taste this yummy.
And to say about this salad can only be one thing — it is not only tasty, but deliciously delicious! So prepare such a snack necessarily, in the winter it will certainly delight you.
This is perhaps the easiest and fastest way to harvest green beans for the winter. Thus we prepare the semi-finished product in its pure form. When you need to cook something from it, get a bag out of the freezer, defrost it and cook.
But let’s still consider what’s what.
- beans in any quantity
- bags for freezing vegetables
1. Rinse the asparagus or green beans and cut off the tips on both sides.
Then cut it into fragments with a length of 2 to 3.5 cm, as you wish.
2. Boil the water in a large saucepan, dip the prepared slicing into it. Keep in boiling water for no more than 3 minutes.
3. Then quickly fold the pods into a colander, it is not desirable that the heat treatment lasts longer than the specified time.
4. Pour cold water into a basin or other saucepan. If there are ice cubes, then you can pour into the water and them. And put the processed pods into the container. Thus, the heating process will stop instantly. But it will also be necessary to withstand the pieces there for no more than 3 minutes.
5. Throw them back into a colander again. Now it is necessary that all the water is glass, and the pods are slightly dried. If water remains on them, the beans will be covered with a thin crust of ice, which is not at all desirable.
6. And at the final stage, decompose the cooked cutting into packets in portions and put into the freezer.
In winter, take a bag, defrost it, and prepare different tasty dishes to your liking.
Video on how to make beans in tomato sauce without vinegar
If you are harvesting tomato juice for the winter, then you probably will like this video. Moreover, it can be seen on it that everything is prepared as simply as possible, and most importantly quickly.
Also the advantage of this method is that this preform is not sterilized. It is placed hot under a warm blanket and pasteurized under the so-called “fur coat”.
At the present time, when the housewives do not really want to stand at the stove for a long time, they will certainly appreciate this recipe and take it to their piggy bank.
Dear friends, these are the ones we reviewed today. For all of them, they make great, delicious pieces. If you have never harvested beans for the winter, then be sure to do it, you will be amazed how tasty it is.
And then every year you will plant this plant in your summer cottage to harvest and cook with it.
And I have everything today. At this I say goodbye to you, and in conclusion I want to wish you excellent and delicious pieces!