Flapjacks on water and flour in a pan are an excellent substitute for bread. The main thing is that their preparation is fast enough and usually takes at least an hour. In addition, they can be supplemented with cheese, potatoes, herbs and various spices.
They will be a great addition to the soup, as well as to other main dishes. So how do you make them yourself? Everything is simple and easy, the main thing is to accurately follow the recipe.
How to make cakes on water and flour in a pan:
- For starters, you need to sift the flour several times from excess garbage, pour it into a bowl;
- Pour salt into a glass of hot water, mix well, so that all the grains of salt are dissolved;
- Then we make a small depression in the center, mix everything well with a wooden spoon until smooth, until the mixture becomes thick and elastic;
- Pour a small amount of flour on the surface of the table, spread the finished dough and knead to a steep condition;
- We roll out a small sausage from the base, cut it into 8 parts;
- We leave one piece, the rest is laid out in a cup;
- Put a frying pan on the stove, pour vegetable oil and warm it;
- From a piece we roll a small flat cake;
- We spread it on hot oil and fry it on both sides for 40-50 seconds;
- The remaining pieces are also rolled in the form of cakes and fry until golden brown;
- Finished flatbread served to the first and second courses as a substitute for bread. Also they can wrap a variety of salty stuffing.
What components will be needed:
- one and a half cup of flour;
- kefir — 220 ml;
- 1 large spoonful of granulated sugar;
- 1 chicken egg;
- a pinch of salt;
- baking soda — ½ tsp;
- 50 ml of vegetable oil for frying and 2 large spoons for roasting.
The cooking period is 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Calories per 100 grams — 290 kcal.
- If kefir is cold, then it should be left to stand for some time at room temperature, so that it warms up a little. It can be poured into a thick-walled container and slightly heated over low heat;
- Next, break the egg, lay the egg in kefir. Mix all the mixture with a whisk until a homogeneous structure;
- Add a little salt to the mixture and stir;
- Then pour some sugar, also mix everything;
- Pour into the mixture a couple of large spoons of vegetable oil, due to this, the dough will acquire an elastic structure, and the finished cakes will not stale for a long time;
- Sift flour several times, add baking powder to it, mix everything;
- We pour the flour into the liquid mixture a little, while stirring to break all the lumps;
- Then manually knead the dough to an elastic structure, until it sticks to the hands;
- Leave the foundation to stand for 30-40 minutes, cover it with a towel;
- After that, pour the flour on the surface of the table, put the dough and divide it into 6-8 parts;
- Roll out each piece in the form of cakes with a thickness of not more than 0.5 cm;
- Put a griddle on the stove, add vegetable oil and heat it;
- Put the cake on the heated oil and fry it on each side until golden brown;
- Next, fry the other tortillas;
- Served with jam, honey, condensed milk for tea. You can also grease them with squash caviar or pate or serve them to the first, second courses.
What is required for cooking:
- 150 ml of water;
- 300 grams of wheat flour;
- salt — ½ tsp;
- 1 small spoonful of granulated sugar;
- half a small spoonful of dry yeast;
- slice of cheese per 200 grams;
- vegetable oil.
Cooking time — 80 minutes.
How many calories per 100 grams — 320 kcal.
How to cook and fry yeast cakes in a pan:
- Flour must be sieved several times in a bowl to rid it of debris;
- Add dry yeast, granulated sugar, salt to flour;
- Pour some warm water, knead the dough until smooth;
- We form a small ball from the base, put it in a bowl, cover it with cling film, leave to stand warm for about 40 minutes;
- Sprinkle the surface of the table with flour, lay out the dough and divide it into 4 pieces;
- Roll out all the pieces in the form of cakes;
- Cheese slice grind grater with a large grill;
- Lay out the grated cheese on the surface of one cake, leave a place along the edges;
- From above, we close everything with a flat cake and press it from the edges;
- We make the second cake in the same way;
- Pour vegetable oil on a brazier, put it on the stove and warm it;
- In the heated oil lay out one layer and fry on one side for 10 minutes;
- Then turn over and fry the other side for 7 minutes;
- Fry the second layer in the same way;
- We shift the cakes on a plate and put on the table for the first and second courses.
Ingredients will need these:
- 4 potato tubers;
- 2-3 art. spoons of flour;
- a pinch of salt;
- Provencal herbs — to your taste;
- some ground black pepper;
- vegetable oil.
Cooking time — 1 hour.
Calories per 100 grams — 270 kcal.
Cooking lean tortillas in the pan in steps:
- Peel the potatoes, rinse off dirt in water;
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan, pour water, put on the stove and boil until done;
- We spread the finished potatoes in a plate, mash it with a fork in the form of mashed potatoes;
- Add salt, seasonings, herbs to potatoes and mix everything;
- We sprinkle flour, we mix everything;
- We form balls of potato base, sprinkle flour on all sides;
- Roll out balls in the form of cakes;
- Put a griddle on the stove, pour the oil and warm it;
- We spread the cake on hot oil and fry on both sides to a ruddy color;
- Put the meatless potato tortillas on a plate and serve on the table to the first or second courses.
Shortbread biscuits are not a quick hand — a delicious dessert with tea.
You can find the recipe for lagman in a slow cooker here. We have collected several variations of this dish.
An interesting recipe for lean bean cutlets — note it.
What will be needed for cooking:
- 200 grams of dill, parsley and green onions;
- flour — 6 large spoons;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- sour cream — 300 grams;
- ½ tsp salt;
- vegetable oil.
Cooking time — 40 minutes.
How many calories per 100 grams — 280 kcal.
We start cooking thin cakes in a pan:
- Put sour cream, 2 eggs into a container, pour salt;
- Rinse the greens, shake and chop into small pieces;
- Pour chopped greens to the other components;
- All mix well;
- We place a gas stove on gas, pour oil;
- On the heated oil lay out the mixture on the entire surface of the brazier;
- After 3-4 minutes, turn over to the other side;
- Fry for about 4 minutes;
- Put the finished flatbread on a plate and serve on the table to other dishes.
- thin cakes in a pan can be cooked in water, whey, kefir and milk;
- in order for them to be fluffy, you can add a little yeast or baking soda to the base, but first you need to extinguish the soda with a small amount of vinegar;
- after roasting, they can be greased with a small amount of butter, this will make their taste even better;
- to improve the taste, you can add a little seasoning, herbs and spices to the base;
- fry in a dry pan or you can grease it with a small amount of vegetable oil.
As it turns out, just make ordinary cakes on the water, but at the same time they turn out just excellent. They can be used as a supplement to the main dishes in the form of bread or served for tea along with jam or honey.