Cupcake with dried apricots for a hearty breakfast or evening tea
Dried apricots is a very useful product that is often used in confectionery products. It is especially well combined with air dough, for example, in cupcakes. This pastry is suitable for a festive table, as well as for an evening tea or a hearty breakfast.
Cupcake as one of the options for traditional bakery products is popular all over the world. It is baked both in Europe and in America, both in the countries of Oceania, and in Russia. And it is possible to diversify this baking with the help of various additives, such as dried fruits. And one of the most advantageous in terms of taste is considered to be the combination of cupcake dough with sweet dried apricots.
The foundation of any cake is the right dough. Most often it is prepared using technology similar to biscuit, but it has its own nuances. So, in the cupcake dough often includes butter, giving it a richer taste and dense texture.
- To make the basis of the future cupcake, put the butter in an enamel pan and heat a little so that it spreads.
- Try not to bring it to a boil.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the oil that has cooled slightly, constantly stirring the mixture with a mixer or a whisk.
- Then also add a little sugar. When the egg-oil mixture becomes homogeneous and the sugar dissolves, sift the flour, into which you first add the baking powder.
- Stir the dough thoroughly (it is convenient to use a silicone spatula for this purpose) until the lumps disperse and the mass becomes smooth and elastic.
- Rinse dried apricots and place in a colander.
- Scald with boiling water and then cut into small cubes.
- Pour dried apricots into the dough and mix again.
- Grease the form with animal fat and sprinkle with flour or decoy. Heat the oven to a temperature of 190 degrees.
- Spread the dough in the form. Bake a cupcake until done.
- You can check whether the pastry is ready, you can use a toothpick: if the sticky dough does not remain on it during a puncture, the cake is ready.
Traditional baking of European countries with dried fruits
Such a dessert in Europe has long been prepared for Christmas. There are many original recipes, but the most popular of them is considered the recipe for Christmas stollen — a cake that has been prepared in Germany from time immemorial. It contains a lot of ingredients, but the result is definitely worth it!
- yeast — 1 dry package (15 g);
- milk — 350 ml;
- 3-4 eggs (depending on size);
- animal fat (preferably homemade butter or heavy cream) — 150 g;
- sugar and natural honey — 3-4 st.l.
- vanilla sugar and salt — 1 tsp;
- flour — about three or four glasses, depending on quality;
- grated peel;
- dried fruits (dried apricots, raisins, prunes — it is necessary, you can additionally take dried cherries or cranberries) — about 300 g;
- nuts — 1 cup;
- rum or other strong alcohol — 100 ml.
- melted butter — 100 g;
- ½ cup of powder.
Energy value of the dish: 384 kcal / 100 g
Cooking time — about 4 hours.
Before the evening, wash the dried fruits, cut them into cubes and mix with nuts. Pour the mixture with brandy or rum. Every few hours, stir them with a spoon to better soaked. Dry well on a towel or in a colander before cooking.
This cake is made on a yeast basis: dilute the yeast package in warm milk with a small amount of flour and sugar. Allow the yeast to dissolve so that they begin to emit carbon dioxide. Separately, in a bowl, mix soft butter with vanilla sugar and grated zest. Add to them the yolks of eggs, honey and salt, then gently whisk with a mixer. Mix with milky yeast brew. Gradually add the flour to the dough, kneading until smooth. Sprinkle nuts and dried fruits, knead again: the dough should be firm and stick off your hands when kneading. Remove it under the film and leave to approach for 2 hours.
Put the dough on a floured board. Shtollen has an unusual shape: you need to slightly roll the dough into an oval, then make a vertical groove in the center and cover it first with one and then the second half, as if wrapped. Sometimes marzipan or whole dried fruits are placed in the middle of such a cake. Let stollen go under the film for another 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven. The optimal temperature for baking stollen — 180 degrees. Put the oiled parchment on a baking sheet. And on it — a cupcake. Bake for about half an hour, then cover with top foil and leave in the oven for another 30 minutes. While the cake is baked, heat the glaze in a saucepan.
Put the finished stollen on a blank sheet of baking paper. While it is hot, coat it with melted butter and top with a layer of powdered sugar. Repeat the coating several times to make the glaze dense. Then let the cake cool, wrap in parchment. Stollen is also interesting because it can not be eaten immediately: it stays fresh for several weeks, acquiring an ever deeper and richer taste.
In the video — a recipe for a delicious muffin with prunes:
The combination of dried apricots and cottage cheese became the basis for many sweet dishes, and cupcakes in this regard are no exception. For 10 portion cakes, take:
- 4 eggs;
- vanilla or vanillin;
- 1 cup cane sugar;
- ½ kg dried apricots;
- 200 g (1 pack) of granular curd;
- ½ cup flour;
- 100 g heavy cream or sour cream;
- ½ tbsp food baking powder;
- 10 g soft butter;
- powdered sugar for decoration.
Energy value of the dish: 327 kcal / 100 g
Cooking time — 60 minutes.
In a bowl, mix eggs, sour cream and two types of sugar. Then enter the curd. Mix thoroughly with a mixer until smooth. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl, then mix again. Cut dried apricots into quarters and place in dough.
Grease paper or silicone cupcake molds with oil. Place in each dough, filling in ¾ form. Put the muffins in the oven at 200 degrees for half an hour. After baking, put on a dish and decorate with powdered sugar.
In order for baking to be not only sweet, but also useful, it is better to add dried fruits to it. And the sweetest of them are dried apricots and raisins. With them, you can make great sweet muffins with even a small amount of sugar.
To bake a cupcake with these dried fruits, prepare these ingredients:
- margarine for baking — a pack (about 200 g);
- 3 large eggs;
- wheat flour or oat flour — 1 ½ cup;
- vanillin — ¼ tsp;
- powdered sugar;
- soda, extinguished with vinegar — ½ tsp;
- dried apricots and raisins — 200 g each
Energy value of the dish: 355 kcal / 100 g
Cooking time — 50-60 minutes.
Dice dried apricots, raisins, simply rinse in warm water. Combine room temperature margarine with powdered sugar and vanilla and mash. Beat the eggs. Then add harvested dried fruit. Last in the dough, add flour and hydrated soda. Knead again and place in a baking dish.
Put the mold in the oven, setting the heat to 180 degrees. Bake a cupcake for about 40 minutes, focusing on the peculiarity of your oven.
Cooking pastries for tea is also possible in a slow cooker. This will take a little more time, but the cupcake with dried apricots in it will be very lush.
A set of components for the cake:
- 2 cups wheat flour;
- 2 large eggs;
- 1 cup of kefir or yogurt (non-fat);
- ½ pack of butter;
- ½ tbsp oil for coating the bowl;
- ½ tbsp soda or ammonium powder;
- 1 cup of granulated sugar (you can replace ¾ cup of honey);
- lemon juice;
- 200 g of dried apricots.
Energy value of the dish: 290 kcal / 100 g
Cooking time: 100 minutes.
Dried apricots rinse and dry. Cut into thin strips. Egg whites cool and whisk until strong foam. In a separate bowl, melt the egg yolks with the sugar, then pour the kefir, add the softened butter and add the soda and lemon juice. Last, add flour to the dough, and then — whipped protein foam. Stir the dough with a spatula and pour dried apricots into it.
Walk around the inside of the bowl of the multicooker with a brush moistened with vegetable oil. Transfer the dough into it and bake in Baking mode for about 80 minutes. Check the readiness with a toothpick.
Learn how to make a cupcake on kefir without eggs.
Prepare a cupcake with apples for an afternoon snack, here you will find a recipe with a photo.
When cooking cupcakes, take advantage of our advice, and your baking will always be lush and fragrant.
- To make cupcakes airy and porous, do not forget about ammonium carbonate (it’s baking powder). It should be added together with bulk ingredients (flour, starch or sugar). If you are preparing a fermented milk cake, baking powder can be easily replaced with soda, and in this case it is not necessary to quench it with vinegar — the lactic acid bacteria will cause the same reaction.
- Dried fruits for cupcakes may be too hard. In this case, you need to soak them in boiling water.
- Dried apricots or raisins soaked in strong alcohol (brandy, vermouth, rum, cognac) will add a special flavor to baking.
- To prevent dried apricots in the batter, to fall to the bottom of the form, pre-roll it in starch or flour.
- Try not to open the oven door too often, if you cook a cake on the biscuit principle — it can “fall off”.
In the video, another recipe for cooking delicious cake in a slow cooker:
Cupcakes can be very different: biscuit and creamy, yeast and yeast-free, easy to prepare and multicomponent, small and large. But in any case, this is a great view of pastry for home gatherings and festive meals.