How to cook a cake from choux pastry at home
Often you want to impress guests and loved ones with delicious and unusual pastries. Most suitable for these purposes cakes from choux pastry. They are good not only in taste, but also in appearance, and therefore will decorate the table during any holiday.
This version of the cake can be called «basic». When using it, it is easy to show imagination by changing the shape, decoration and shades of taste, but you can not change anything and just enjoy the baked dough, which is so good.
- In a saucepan, mix the water with milk and butter, put the container on the fire;
- When the oil is completely melted, you need to add salt (the liquid should not boil — this is important);
- Pour flour into the liquid and mix all the components using quick small (and then — large) movements;
- Do not keep the dough on the fire for too long, and after turning off the flame, wait until it is sufficiently cooled and hammer all four eggs into the saucepan (but not together, but separately from each other);
- Cover the bottom of the pan with parchment, brush it with butter and strip the dough on top of the butter;
- Bake the pan in the oven heated to 180 ° C, bake the product for 20 minutes;
- Beat together sour cream and sugar, and break the strips out of the oven into smaller pieces and put in a dish to serve on the table at your discretion;
- Pour cream cake from sour cream over the base of the cake and leave in the fridge for 3-4 hours;
- After a specified time, you can sprinkle the dessert with grated chocolate and serve it with tea.
This twice brewed dessert got its name for a reason, it is really very gentle. With proper recipe, it should literally melt in your mouth. Such a cake of choux pastry will come in very handy for a festive table or evening gatherings.
- egg — 5 pieces;
- water — 0.2 l;
- salt — 1/3 tsp;
- vegetable oil — 60 ml;
- butter — 250 g;
- flour — 0.2 kg;
- sour cream (fat content — 25%) — 0.3 kg;
- sugar — 120 g;
- Vanillin — 1 year
Cooking time: 65 minutes.
Calories: 266 kcal.
- First of all, you should prepare the custard base under the cream: mix sour cream with a whisk, two tablespoons (with a hill) of a spoonful of flour, granulated sugar, vanillin with one chicken egg in a skillet;
- Put the saucepan on the gas, adjusting the fire to an average level;
- Continuing to stir, wait until the cream boils and becomes thick;
- Turn off the gas, cover the saucepan with food film so that it touches the surface of the cream, and remove the container in a cool place where its contents will cool to room temperature;
- In a free period of time, you can proceed to the preparation of choux pastry: boil water with salt, butter (50 g) and vegetable oil;
- After boiling water to minimize the power of the flame, pour flour into the boiling liquid (130-150 g), mix everything thoroughly with a wooden spatula, making the mass homogeneous;
- Do not remove the dough from the heat for another two minutes so that it will no longer stick to the walls, and the smell of raw flour coming from it will disappear;
- Cool the resulting mass for five minutes, and then drive into it (necessarily alternately) the remaining four eggs;
- Carefully knead the dough (all the lumps should disappear, and the mass will get smooth, shiny and will stretch a bit when pulling out the spoon);
- The resulting volume of dough should be enough for two rectangular cakes with a size of 30×40 cm, but the dough layer will be very thin, and you should spread it on your parchment with hands wetted in cold water;
- To bake cakes, the oven should operate at 200 ° C for 10 minutes;
- After cooking, the cake should be put on a towel as soon as possible (it should be clean and dry);
- At a time when the cakes will cool down, you can complete the preparation of the cream: by whisking the brewed base with a mixer, add the remaining butter (200 g) to it in parts and achieve a uniform mass (the cream should become thick and silky);
- Divide each of the cakes across into three equal parts (there should be 6 pieces in total), smear each of the pieces with cream, leaving a certain amount to decorate the top and side parts of the cake;
- Ready to treat should be allowed to brew for 2-12 hours in the refrigerator.
Macarons — a recipe with step by step photos. Note several variants of recipes from European cuisines.
How to cook delicious zucchini on the grill, read our article.
Take note of the recipe for steam fish cutlets — tasty, healthy and simple.
Cake «Tropikanka» with choux pastry is light and airy. To make it you will need custards, fruit custard and some patience.
- water — 0.2 l;
- jelly for cakes — 2 packs;
- fruit (for filling) — at will;
- milk — 1.1 l;
- butter — 0.3 kg;
- vanillin — 1 g;
- margarine — 150 g;
- flour — 0.5 kg;
- Cognac — 50 ml;
- egg — 7 pieces;
- sugar — 0.3 kg;
- salt — pinch;
Cooking time: 70 minutes.
Calories: 300 kcal.
- Boil water in a saucepan, adding margarine and salt to it;
- Little by little, stirring constantly, pour 2 cups of flour into the pan;
- Allow the dough to cool slightly, then alternately beat 6 eggs into it and beat everything thoroughly, so that the mass becomes homogeneous;
- To draw on the parchment sheet the desired contour of the base of the future cake;
- Grease the fox with oil and put it on the bottom of the pan;
- Load the dough into the cavity of the pastry bag and outline the previously drawn contour with a line of approximately 3.5 mm and fill its internal area with an oblique cell with a cell size of approximately 3×3 cm;
- Put the baking tray in the oven and bake until it becomes golden (about a third of an hour), in parallel prepare another billet for the cake, already with a straight cage (there should be 2 cakes each type);
- Pour milk into a clean saucepan (1 l), fill a glass of sugar and put the container on the fire;
- Separately, beat the egg, milk (100 ml) and flour (150 g), pour this mass into a saucepan with boiled milk and sugar, stirring constantly;
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, when the milk mixture becomes thick, let the contents cool, and then beat, adding butter (200 g), vanillin and cognac;
- You can start assembling the cake: put one cake in the gaps between the lines to put fruit pieces and spread cream on top (put the second cake over the second cake and repeat everything, the same with the third one);
- Top, fourth fruit do not need fruit filling, only a cream coating;
- Thinly sliced fruit to decorate the dessert;
- Dissolve jelly and pour over the surface of the cake, give the treat to cool in the refrigerator until the next morning;
- Cake is ready!
Cooking cake «Lady Fingers» is always appropriate if you intend to spend the evening having a nice tea party with your family or friends. It is especially good with coffee drinks.
- butter — 160 g;
- sour cream (fat content — 20%) — 0.4;
- boiled condensed milk — 0.5 kg;
- nuts — 150 g;
- chocolate — 50 g;
- cream — 1 tsp;
- flour — 250 g;
- milk — 0.3 l;
- egg — 5 pieces.
Cooking time: 55 minutes.
Calories: 285 kcal.
- Boil milk with butter in a saucepan (150 g);
- Pour 1.5 cups of flour and knead the dough as quickly as possible;
- All lumps should be broken, and the dough is easy to keep up with the walls;
- Allow the resulting mass to cool slightly, then one after another to hammer eggs into it;
- Using a pastry bag, you need to make several identical “fingers” on a sheet of parchment embedded in a baking sheet and bake them in the oven until they are browned (until the elements are baked, you can not open the oven, otherwise they will fall off);
- Beat sour cream with condensed milk and completely “bathe” each “finger” in this cream;
- Prepare the glaze by melting chocolate with butter and cream using a water bath;
- All the «fingers» lay down in the form of a slide and cover them with a pattern of glaze, pouring it out with a thin stream;
- Let the cake stand in the fridge for a couple of hours and serve.
This is the most festive version of the dessert of choux pastry. It looks especially good if it is decorated with melted chocolate, berries or nuts. At the same time «Polennitsa» is easy to prepare.
- water — 0.3 l;
- butter — 0.2 kg;
- salt — to taste;
- flour — 0.25 kg;
- egg — 6 pieces;
- cream — 0.7 l;
- icing sugar — to taste;
- chocolate — 150 g
Cooking time: 75 minutes.
Calories: 281 kcal.
- Put the butter in a saucepan, salt and put on the fire so that it melts;
- When the oil becomes liquid, add water and flour (pre-sifted) to it;
- The dough is continuously stirred to ensure that the consistency is homogeneous;
- When the contents of the saucepan is brewed, you need to remove it from the heat and let it cool;
- Alternately beat the eggs in a saucepan, continuously beating the dough (it should become uniform and soft);
- Cover the bottom of the pan with parchment, put a pastry bag of dough on it approximately 9 cm long;
- Put the oven on to warm up (at a temperature of 200 ° C), after 5 minutes, put a baking sheet into it for half an hour (the finished chopsticks should be reddened);
- Cook the cream by whipping up the icing sugar with the cream;
- «Fingers» put a house, putting the cream on each element;
- Melt the chocolate and decorate it with a cake of your choice.
Choux pastry for cakes cannot be called overly demanding, but it is simply necessary to comply with certain conditions in the process of making pastries from it:
- to make the products voluminous, you need to prepare them at a higher temperature (but they also get a torn surface);
- the dough should not be too thick (it will not rise) or too thin, otherwise it will not take the necessary shape;
- if you beat the dough too intensively, it will settle in the baking process, the same will happen if you take the baking out of the oven too early;
- so that the edges of the product do not curl, and the mark itself is not too soft, you need to warm up the oven properly.
All these recommendations will help to achieve the necessary result and to please your family and loved ones with an excellent dessert.