How to bake bread without adding yeast in a slow cooker
In Russia, yeast was not used for baking bread. To do this, leaven. It acts no worse and is stored much longer. And you can bake bread without any such additives at all — and it will turn out no less tasty. Cooking in a slow cooker will ensure even baking and a beautiful crust.
- First you need to make a leaven, as in the traditional old recipe. It takes a lot of time, but a minimum of effort. You need to take a spoonful of table flour and the same amount of water. Stir, leave in a plastic or wooden bowl at room temperature;
- Every day you need to add a spoonful of flour and water, stirring them. Morning and evening, it is desirable to further interfere with the leaven;
- On the fourth day, you need to add honey;
- Somewhere on the seventh or eighth day, the leaven is ready, as evidenced by its bubbles;
- Sift the flour through a sieve;
- Add a little warm water to the starter so that the ratio of flour to the starter is about 60:40;
- Add an egg, knead the dough, not too tight, put it to rise for two hours;
- After that, lubricate the form of multicooker with oil, put the dough into it. Give him another two hours to rise, and then place the form in the device;
- Select the mode «Baking» or «Bread» with a timer for forty minutes.
- 320 g of wheat flour;
- 7 g of soda;
- 30 grams of sugar;
- 220 ml of kefir;
- 60 g of oil;
- 5 g of salt;
- 80 grams of rye flour;
- 10 g breadcrumbs.
Time — 1 h 45 min.
Calories — 282 kcal / 100 g
- First you need to melt the butter. This can be done both in the slow cooker, and in the microwave or in a water bath;
- When the oil has cooled slightly, you need to pour kefir into it and mix;
- In another bowl mix both types of flour, be sure to sift them;
- Next, add soda, sugar, salt to the flour mixture, mix everything;
- Take the kefir-oily mass and pour it in portions to the flour, manually kneading a soft dough;
- The bowl of the device should be greased with a small amount of oil and sprinkled with breadcrumbs. If there are no crackers, you can skip this process;
- Put the dough into the bowl and place it in the device on the Baking mode with a timer for thirty minutes;
- After the signal, open the lid and turn the bread, set the timer again for half an hour;
- After that, pull out the bread while still hot and let it cool under the towel for another half hour.
- 480 g of rye flour;
- 15 g sugar;
- 70 grams of wheat flour;
- 370 ml of water;
- 10 g of salt;
- 35 ml of oil.
Calories — 216 kcal / 100 g
- Sift both types of flour, then combine them with salt and sugar;
- Mix the water with the butter, and then add the mixture in portions to the flour mass and knead the dough. It will turn out quite uneven and sticky, but it should be so;
- It should be placed in a multicooker container. Set the mode «Heated», cover with a towel, leave to rise overnight;
- Then remove the towel, close the lid of the device and select the mode «Baking» with a timer for an hour. After that, get the bread and smear it with a brush that has been lowered in water beforehand. Wrap in a towel, let cool, then remove in a bag.
- 80 g of oatmeal;
- 260 g whole grain flour;
- 220 ml almond milk;
- 170 grams of wheat flour;
- 20 g of sunflower seeds;
- 3 g of soda;
- 15 g chia (seeds of Spanish sage);
- 10 ml of lemon juice;
- 15 g of flax seeds.
Calories — 265 kcal / 100 g
- Almond milk can be purchased ready-made, and you can make it yourself. To do this, a handful of almonds need a little chop with a knife and pour a glass of plain water. Let it stand for at least half an hour, better more. During this time, the water turns white, acquires the taste of almond. This is almond milk. It should be mixed with lemon juice (which can be replaced with vinegar in the same proportion). The consistency is reduced;
- Mix the sifted flour with chia, seeds and other dry products. Get a heterogeneous mass;
- Pour almond milk in portions into the dry mass, knead the dough in a spoon. If it turned out too liquid, you just need to add a little flour;
- Transfer the dough into the bowl of the device. Optionally, you can sprinkle the top with additional seeds or spices, for example, coriander or sesame;
- On the «Baking» mode, keep the bread under the lid for about forty minutes, after which it needs time to cool.
- 10 g of sugar;
- 30 ml of leaven;
- 320 g of rye flour;
- 7 g of salt;
- 180 ml of water.
Caloric content — 204 kcal / 100 g
- If there is a ready starter, it will take much less time to cook. If not, you must first make a leaven. To do this, take four spoons of rye flour and the same warm water. Stir, cover the bowl with a towel, leave in a warm place for two days;
- Then add two more spoons of both ingredients, stir, leave for another day;
- Now the leaven can be used. You only need two spoons, the rest of the mass can be put in the fridge and used next time;
- Add water, salt and sugar to the starter. And later introduce sifted rye flour;
- The resulting homogeneous dough must be placed in a bowl and set aside for half an hour;
- Smear a bowl of multivarki with oil and then transfer the dough here. Select the “Heating” mode and leave to rise for at least two hours;
- After that, close the lid of the device and set the «Baking» mode with a timer for forty-five minutes, and cool down — another twenty.
Turkey stew with vegetables is a very tasty dish that can be included in the diet menu.
How to cook soup of nettle with egg, read our article.
Step by step kapkeyk recipes with photos and tips chefs here.
- 140 g raisins;
- 180 ml of water;
- 40 g sugar;
- 25 ml of oil;
- 370 g of flour;
- 5 g of salt.
Caloric content — 260 kcal / 100 g.
- Water is heated, but it should not be hot. Dissolve sugar in it, add oil and salt, stir. If there is a ready-made starter, as in previous recipes, you can add a couple of spoons;
- In a separate bowl, large sift the flour, then add to it a water portion. Knead the dough;
- Raisin pour boiling water, leave for fifteen minutes. After that, drain the water, and the dried fruit themselves mixed into the dough. If you want, they can be cut into smaller pieces;
- Put the dough into the bowl and leave on the “Heated” mode for two hours;
- After that, select the mode «Baking» with a timer for forty minutes and bake the bread.
- 15 ml of oil;
- 120 grams of rye flour;
- 220 ml of yogurt;
- 5 g of soda;
- 220 g of wheat flour;
- 30 g of honey;
- 220 ml of milk;
- 160 g oat flakes;
- 120 grams of dried fruit and nuts;
- 50 g of poppy and seeds;
- 3 g of salt.
Time — 1 h 30 min.
Calories — 264 kcal / 100 g
- Sift two flours and stir in oatmeal and salt. Then add soda and stir again;
- In another bowl, mix milk and yogurt, add honey to them. If it is candied, then it must first be melted in a water bath;
- Next, add oil and stir again;
- The liquid part must be mixed with dry. To do this, in parts, you need to pour it into the flour and manually knead the dough;
- Here you need to mix various additives. It can be dried apricots, prunes, raisins, sesame, poppy seeds, flax, dried berries, candied fruits, marmalade, chocolate drops, cashews, almonds, pistachios, etc. If you want to add spices, they must first be mixed in flour;
- Smear the form of a multicooker with butter and transfer into it a mixture of homogeneous dough;
- Set the «Baking» mode with a timer for half an hour. After the signal of the device, the bread must be turned over and baked for another fifteen minutes. Then allow to cool under a towel.
Leaven can be used indefinitely. If it is fed from time to time, then in the refrigerator it can stand for weeks. When the sourdough is ready and a portion of it has been used in the bread, the remains should be poured into a glass jar. Put there a couple of tablespoons of flour, the same amount of water and just a spoonful of sugar. Interfere.
Once a week or when bread is baked, the leaven needs to be updated. In the same way, leave a part of the unused product and add new products to it. It is necessary to store in the refrigerator, and before use, let stand for half an hour in the room so that bubbles appear.
It is also desirable to get food from the refrigerator thirty minutes before use. They should all be at the same room temperature. This will ensure a better connection of all the components to each other and faster rise of the dough.
It is very easy to make unleavened bread, especially with the use of a multicooker. It can be enriched in dozens of ways. And if you use bran, the bread will also benefit the stomach. This is a delicious, natural and fragrant pastry, in which quality you can be sure. And how good it is that children like it so much!