How to bake real Borodino bread in a bread maker
Fragrant black bread with cumin and coriander is the visiting card of the national Russian cuisine. The composition of this world famous baking has long ceased to be a secret.
However, it’s not so easy to bake at home the identical Borodino bread in a bread maker of a particular brand, because the cooking technology has many nuances. These rules need to be carefully studied and followed.
Bake black bread according to the proposed recipe can be in the bread maker of any brand. The only condition: install the program, the duration of which is at least 180 minutes. If everything is done correctly, the dough will rise well, the baking will be high and baked well.
- Of the total volume of water measure 80 ml. Boil.
- Dry mixture for bread kvass poured into a bowl, pour boiling water. Stir, insist 15 minutes. Before mixing with the remaining ingredients, the mixture should be cooled to room temperature.
- The rest of the water (warm), vinegar, oil is poured into the container of the breadmaker. Add ground spices, honey, salt, cooled starter.
- Sifted wheat and rye flour is introduced into the liquid components. Yeast is poured on top.
- The lid is closed. Choose a program for baking bread from rye flour lasting at least 3 hours.
- The top of the risen, ready to bake dough moistened with water and sprinkled with coriander seeds.
- After the signal of the completion of the process, the bowl is removed from the breadmaker. Cool slightly. They take out the bread, put it on the grill.
To reveal all the flavors and tastes of home baking, ready Borodino bread is left for 2 hours under a thin kitchen towel.
This recipe can also be used for breadmakers of any brand. Preparation of ingredients for the bookmark takes some time, but in the end it turns out the classic black bread with spices, almost identical to that sold in stores.
- rye flour (peeled) — 500 g;
- 40 grams of rye malt;
- powdered yeast — 8 g;
- 430 ml of filtered water;
- 30 g 6% apple cider vinegar;
- 50 ml of dark honey;
- salts — 15 g;
- 1.5 Art. l ground coriander;
- 1 tbsp. l whole cumin seeds.
Preparation time of ingredients and baking — 3 hours 10 minutes. Caloric content — 185.63 kcal / 100 g.
- Dry malt is brewed with boiling water, for which 100 ml is measured out of the total volume of water and heated on a stove or microwave. The mixture is thoroughly mixed, insist 7 minutes.
- Honey is bred in the rest of the water.
- The peeled flour is sifted through a collar with a fine mesh.
- Steamed rye malt is transferred to the honey solution. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, make cumin seeds with boiling water.
- All the ingredients are put in the bowl of the bread machine in the order specified in the instructions. In one embodiment, dry products may be the first, in the second — liquid. This order can not be violated.
- The breadmaker is closed and includes a program of active kneading of yeast dough, calculated for 90 minutes (minimum duration). In the end, you should get a thick, sticky, but not too cool dough.
- When the cycle of the active batch is completed, the surface of the dough is moistened with water and sprinkled evenly steamed cumin. The lid of the bread machine is closed. From this moment until the completion of the process, it cannot be opened. Watch how the dough rises, you can only through the window in the lid.
- When the mass is doubled, the installed program is turned off. Breadmaker transferred to the «Standard Baking» for 30 minutes.
- After the signal, the program is immediately repeated, but the time is set at 60 minutes.
- When the device signals the end, baking is left in the closed bread maker for 10 minutes.
They take out a bowl, take out the hot Borodino bread. Put it on the grill, cover with a clean towel. Cool and insist 2 hours.
On the video — how to make rye bread in a bread maker:
The basic recipe for Borodino bread in a bread maker «Panasonic»
Depending on the model, the order in which the programs are installed may vary slightly. Therefore, using this recipe for homemade Borodino bread, you must perform the actions according to the instructions for the Panasonic breadmaker. The composition and proportions of the ingredients do not change.
- 210 g of rye seed and the same wheat flour / s;
- 1.5 tsp. yeast powder;
- 240 ml of water;
- red malt (syrup), honey, white wine vinegar, vegetable oil, cumin seeds — 2 tbsp. l .;
- coriander in beans — 1 tbsp. l .;
- 1.5 tsp. common salt.
Preparation time of ingredients and baking bread is 4 hours and 20 minutes. Caloric content — 228 kcal / 100 g
- Malt is poured boiling water, stirred. Wait until the solution has cooled (15 minutes).
- A malt solution, vinegar, and oil are poured into the bowl of the bread maker. Add honey.
- Both kinds of flour, salt, cumin, coriander are added to the liquid ingredients.
- Yeast poured last in the center of the mixture.
- The lid is closed. Set the program «French pastries» duration of 4 hours and 10 minutes.
If there is no such program in the device, you can choose Borodino Bread or combine different modes for kneading and baking bread from rye flour. The main thing is that the duration of the total cycle should be at least 3.5 hours.
Ready bread, baked in Panasonic breadmaker, is cooled and insisted for 2-3 hours on a wire rack, covered with a towel.
Read also how to bake French bread in a bread maker.
The recipes of corn bread for cooking in the bread maker you will find in the following article.
And here you will learn how to cook real bread in a pan.
The technology of baking black bread in bread makers of this brand consists of three stages — steaming of malt sourdough, laying the ingredients in a bowl, baking. Each stage has its own rules, which must be followed strictly.
- 650 grams of rye sifted flour;
- 290 ml of filtered water;
- 112 grams of rye malt;
- 1.5 tsp. granulated yeast;
- 3 tsp. ground coriander;
- 37 g apple cider vinegar;
- 40 ml of sunflower oil;
- 22 g of salt;
- 60 grams of honey.
Baking time — from 2 hours and 20 minutes (program No. 9 of the Moulinex OW 5024 bread machine) to 3 hours (depending on the model). Calories — 230 kcal / 100 g.
- In a separate container brew 60 ml of boiling water 80 g of malt and a third of coriander. Stir, leave to cool.
- In strict sequence in the baker lay: 65 g of sifted flour, 0.5 tsp. yeast, 25 g of red malt, 1 tsp. crushed coriander seeds, 70 ml of warm water.
- Include the program «Borodino bread.» Close the lid.
- After the sound signal, malt is poured into a bucket of boiling water. The remaining ingredients are added in order: water, salt, vinegar, butter, honey, flour, coriander, yeast.
- Restart the same program. After the intermediate sound signal (60 minutes before the end of the cycle), sprinkle the bread with whole coriander seeds.
When the breadmaker signals the end of work, the bread is left inside for another 15 minutes. Then removed from the bowl and cooled.
On the video — the preparation of very tasty bread in the Moulinex bread maker:
Malt from roasted rye grains is sold in stores ready for use as a dry powder mixture, syrup or thick extract that looks like chicory. For baking Borodino bread is suitable for any kind. In this case, the proportions of the ingredient in the dough should be calculated, referring to the instructions on the package.
Instead of honey, indicated in each recipe of homemade Borodino bread, you can use molasses. In extreme cases, it is allowed to replace this ingredient with granulated sugar.
The described recipes are suitable for baking Borodino bread in the oven. The only difference is that all processes are performed manually and require closer monitoring.